The New Cat CT660 coming soon

rlpw

Caterpillar is getting into the truck market folks. I work for the Heavy Equipment Division for Holt Cat Texas and have been waiting patiently for more information. I was shocked that it was coming with so many types of drive train and transmission options.
Most of you would know more about it than I would. If you want parts for a 992G I'm your man. But thought I would pass the info to you guys and see what you think.

CAT CT660

herm

Adventurer
they look like internationals to me. did they just buy the chassis and put the engines in them? We used to use cats for everything at work, but our new trucks are coming with cummines power.

MrBeast

Explorer
they look like internationals to me. did they just buy the chassis and put the engines in them? We used to use cats for everything at work, but our new trucks are coming with cummines power.

International is building the trucks for CAT.

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Last I heard CAT had stopped building engines for over the road trucks due to emissions issues, at least in the US.

rlpw

Last I heard CAT had stopped building engines for over the road trucks due to emissions issues, at least in the US.
No, they are only going to put new engines in a Cat branded truck. They do not want to compete with themselves. I do not know if they have quit shipping yet but I know we are only selling Reman kits and Reman engines to Truck Engine, Parts, and Service dealers.

dwmac71

Looks like the international 9000 cab with a new hood.
Down under the use the Prostar cab for the cat trucks made by NC2
They are were using the ACERT engines up to 01/01/11.
The new engines are a co-development with Navistar using the egr system from the maxforce line of engines.
Oddly enough after cat announced they were pulling out of the highway market Navistar showed the maxipiller (a c15/3406 block with a navistar egr head) at the Louisville truck show the next spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94