My New Truck Camper

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
I'm actually selling my camper, but it's really because my needs have changed. I moved across the country back to Oregon, where I like to spend a lot of time out in the mountains/forest etc. I bought a house that has a small unlevel driveway with no place to store the camper. I've been paying $55/mo for a parking spot in a storage facility. It sits there in the rain, snow, wind, etc without a cover, no power etc. Eventually I'll buy a smaller pop-up with an electric fridge (can run out of level), with removable jacks and it will stay on the truck 90% of the time.
The camper itself is great. Simple and relatively light, comfortable, roomy, etc. My truck hauled it well but a 6.5' bed would be much better for weight and balance. Really my biggest complaint was simply that I couldn't physically fit into most of the places I like to go. On my truck, it's about 10.5' ft tall. So trying to roam around state forests and blm land means I push tree limbs out of the way a lot.
The camper is better insulated than a pop-up, but you'll have to stuff extra insulation in a lot of places to make it work better in winter.
Anyway if you think a hard side would work well for you, the travel lite gives you a lot for your money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior