CL Trooper find, Worth it?

S

Squatchout

$950 is a fine price for a southwestern Trooper. If they are not rusted there is nothng on these trucks that can't be fixed and rebuilt. The frames are boxed and tend to rust from the inside out up north when the salt gets to them. Check for that and body rust under the carpets at where the rear fenders meet the floor. Very capable trucks even more so with a few minor mods. Aftermarket support is not huge but you can get what you need. Very simple and easy to repair by todays standards. They are not fast but who cares. The 2.8 GM v6 can be swapped out for a 3.4 from a late Camaro for more power. everything you ever wanted to know about zoo's is here.
http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/

Of course I'm a little partial to them. I'm quickly approaching 1/2 million miles behind the wheel of a Trooper since '88. (not all the same one)
Picture013Small.jpg

DevilDoc8404

squatch - Thanks. I found, what looks to be, your build thread on planetisuzoo; very nice.
I am going to do some research and probably take a look this Sunday.

S

Squatchout

If you found me there then there is 2 threads in my sig. Phase 1 and 2. Most anything you can do with these is covered in them with pics. I did a frame off on my truck. Good luck on your quest. Several of the folks there are here as well. These trucks were designed by the factory for overlanding.

nfpgasmask

Adventurer
I second what Squach said. 1st generation Troopers make fine expo machines, and are pretty cheap to aquire and work on.

04.jpg

Bart

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior