Melnik, Bulgaria

Vency

Adventurer
Hi ExPo's,

I want to shere with you, my small trip to the smallest town in Bulgaria - Melnik.
Great nature, interesting old architecture and a lot of wine.

Melnik 011.JPG

Melnik 027.JPG

Melnik 031.JPG

Melnik 059.JPG

Melnik 062.JPG

Melnik 070.JPG

Melnik 080.JPG

Melnik 083.JPG

Melnik 088.JPG

Melnik 097.JPG

Melnik 101.JPG

Melnik 137.JPG

Melnik 142.JPG

Melnik 165.JPG

Melnik 168.JPG

Melnik 170.JPG

Melnik 184.JPG

Melnik 195.JPG

Melnik 203.JPG

Melnik 210.JPG

Melnik 219.JPG

Melnik 244.JPG

Melnik 245.JPG

Melnik 246.JPG

Melnik 247.JPG

taco2go

Explorer
:drool: appetizing
Beautiful architecture, thanks for sharing your photos. it looks like there's a nice dirt track leading into that little village.

INSAYN

Adventurer
Great pictures!

If you don't mind me asking, what was the nature of your visit, and how long did you stay there?

That little town looks like it has some history to it with all the cobble stone structures. Would love to swing my metal detector through there just to see what has hit the ground over the years.

INSAYN

Adventurer
My visit was for relax and sightseeing.

The town history is more than 1100 years.
Digging with metal detector is absolutely forbidden, unfortunately treasure hunters steal everything that can be found.

More info you can find at :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melnik,_Bulgaria

I can fully understand the forbiddeness of metal detecting in fear of losing valuables that belong to the city. Thieves suck! It would be cool if what ever was found to be displayed in a museum in the city. You just never know what lies beneath your feet, and who touched it last.

Euro6

I am from France, and I love central and eastern Europe, and especially balkanic area.
I travelled several time in Romania, Hungaria, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosna and Herzegovina, and we plan to visit this summer Montenegro and Albania.
Bulgaria is a next travel to do for us.

Thank you, Vency, for sharing landscapes and appetizing pictures !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles