Homemade Hilift accessories

Hi guys,
I was thinking about making a lift mate by myself. Shouldn`t be a big problem. I`ll post pics when it`s finished.

I was wondering if you guys have some other homemade accessories?

AFSOC

Explorer
I have been intending to fab up a new broad base foot for my Hi-Lift to replace the 12" by 12" laminated plywood stack I am currently using. I live in bottomless sand and require a base that spreads out the PSI. I look forward to your project, post up pics of your results. I'd also like to build some sort of a knockdown wheel chock for trail maintenance and winching but haven't seen or conceived a design worth fabbing yet.

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Been kickin around the idea of a pul pal like attachment for mine, but I'm not sure the jack would like being submerged in sand and mud.

windsock

Adventurer
I've been using a 60inch hiLift for some time now and have a couple of homemade bits I use with it.

Wheel lift made from some steel rectangular tube and an 8.8 HT bolt and 8mm chain and clevis hooks. Works well when combined with the 12" x 12" plywood pad in the soft stuff. I use plywood because it'll float up from wet holes.

Wheellift003.jpg

Wheellift002.jpg

Wheellift001.jpg

I have used my hilift as a hand winch many times using the following set up.

HiLiftJack003.jpg

HiLiftJack005.jpg

HiLiftJack012.jpg

HiLiftJack008.jpg

HiLiftJack011.jpg

HiLiftJack012.jpg

Both ideas just like the factory bits but each use is extra satisfying from being built not bought.

rynosurf

Adventurer
I was going to make something like the Handle All, but I gave my Hi Lift to a buddy in need. It shouldn't be that hard to make a standard shovel head, mattock, or McLeod attach to the jack handle and it would be a heck of a lot cheaper to do it yourself.

Started this morning with those parts:

img_8031wqzn.jpg

A little grinder action:

img_8032qsf2.jpg

All welded up. I couldn`t get any nice welds today, not sure why...

img_80343o4d.jpg

Test:

img_8036opat.jpg

img_8037kq6s.jpg

After this test i realized that i forgot the bolt that holds the second strap, so it actually hang on only one strap... :Wow1:

The paint is drying right now, more pics when it`s finished...

01tundra

Explorer
I've always meant to make a tire bead breaker base plate for mine......I just keep forgetting about it until I'm changing tires again :).

unimog

Just a little advise, at a minimum use twice as load rated straps than the load they are suppose to carry. In my little experience with testing textile structures, with your set up you may achieve straps failure at approximately half their load.

Capt Eddie

Adventurer
I have just made and tested an anchor that is used on the jack to function as a ground anchor and still allow the jack to be used as a winch.. The anchor spade can also be used as a foot plate the the jack in jackup mode. For jacking in sand or mud. The system also comes with the attachments to use the jack as strickly an anchor for uses with a winch. or use the supplied power pole instead of using your jack. The pole can also be attached to the spade for uses as a shovel.

JDaPP

Adventurer
I have just made and tested an anchor that is used on the jack to function as a ground anchor and still allow the jack to be used as a winch.. The anchor spade can also be used as a foot plate the the jack in jackup mode. For jacking in sand or mud. The system also comes with the attachments to use the jack as strickly an anchor for uses with a winch. or use the supplied power pole instead of using your jack. The pole can also be attached to the spade for uses as a shovel.

Pics?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles