Jasper engines

Flagster

Expedition Leader
About the pull the 2F from my 87 FJ60 and the rebuilder is suggesting a new (remanufactured) jasper short block..."cheaper than the machining" according to him...
He hasn't given me a quote yet but was wondering if anyone has any experience with the jasper engines...

dro805

Observer
About the pull the 2F from my 87 FJ60 and the rebuilder is suggesting a new (remanufactured) jasper short block..."cheaper than the machining" according to him...
He hasn't given me a quote yet but was wondering if anyone has any experience with the jasper engines...

Best reman. motors i think you can buy, we install and use them at my work kinda steep on the money but good warranty

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
I bought a Jasper reman'd engine back in the late 90's. Came with a 3 year 30K mile warranty. Oil pump failed at 25K and 2.5 years later... Jasper had me another engine within 10 days and covered the cost of install. I had no issues with the core refund..

My buddy who owns a shop soon after became an authorized Jasper dealer and has been happy with the partnership.

They would be my first choice in a drop in reman'd engine if i were to do it again.

4xdog

Explorer
I had a Jasper engine put in my 1988 XJ Cherokee about ten or twelve years and about 150,000 miles ago. I'd recommend Jasper in a second.

Don

wagoneercraig

Observer
I have a Jasper 360 in my wagoneer and a 318 in my Dodge . Both motors are strong . The 318 has been thoroughly abused and neglected for 6 years and it just wont die . Believe me i'm wanting it to so i can justify a newish truck .

Flagster

Expedition Leader
WOW...to be honest I wasn't expecting that...the website says no 2F available? but I am hoping they get back to me with different story...
THANKS!:victory:

Expedition Leader
If they don't have one, 2F's are pretty simple to re-build. Pushrods, timing gears (no chain or belt to replace), simple gerotor oil pump, no super close tolerances beyond the main bearings. It's not rocket science by any means.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Yeah I thought it would be a good engine to get educated on...:coffeedrink: the FJ60 that attaches to the engine is just a plus

truck mechanic

Adventurer
at my shop its all I will install, both motors and transmissions. They are a great company to work with and have a great warenty.
Just my .02
Paul

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
I have installed a few Jasper engines, trans, and t-cases. Only had a problem with one of their engines and they took care of it, no problem. One of the best companies to deal with on waranty issues. I would't hesitate to use them again at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior