Snow Peak Addiction

teethless

I'm happy with my fire pit, it is really versatile. I got the oven earlier this year and while it's not necessary, making pizza at the campsite is an easy option for dinner. I made the dough from scratch a week before hand, and froze it. Put it in the cooler with everything else and let it thaw, then pulled it out an hour or two before I needed to use it to come to room temp. It turned out great!

@WestWorld: Goals!

My Pack and Carry Starter kit for the Large fire pit arrived today and was even better looking in person. Figured I would post up the answer to the question I couldn't readily find online: The set DOES come with the canvas carrying case. Initially, I wasn't sure what size was right for me. After seeing it in the flesh, I can't imagine going any smaller. Can't wait to get it sooty!

snowpeak1.jpgsnowpeak2.jpg

Ragman

Campsaver Discounts

If anyone looking to pick up some Snow Peak gear Campsaver has a decent selection at currently 20% off. I have just started looking at this stuff so cannot say if it a good deal or not. From reading this website it seems some of this stuff is just hard to find in general.

Riptide

Explorer
Got the double storage rack today, with the baskets. It drips with typical SP quality, but it's a bit heavy, being all stainless steel. The baskets do not nest inside one another, either, so they're kind of a space hog. But, the straight sides do maximize the space inside them...

Got a 2-unit table as well, because you can't have too many arrows in yer IGT quiver!

mrsa111

Observer
I'm in the process of semi-hard mounting my Baja burners into my countertop. Think it's much of a fire hazard to use wood to support it? I'll have about 1-2" clearance so the bottom is floating, but it will be flush with the wood countertop, and supported with wood strips around the outside lip of the stove.
It's a lot of surface area for that small burner, not sure how hot these things can get

Honu

lost on the mainland
I'm in the process of semi-hard mounting my Baja burners into my countertop. Think it's much of a fire hazard to use wood to support it? I'll have about 1-2" clearance so the bottom is floating, but it will be flush with the wood countertop, and supported with wood strips around the outside lip of the stove.
It's a lot of surface area for that small burner, not sure how hot these things can get

pan on top the heat kicking out would be enough to burn the wood if they were flush

I had two and went to a partner so did have experience with em even in the IGT the frame would get so hot you could barely touch depending on the pan ?

one reason I switched is griddles did not work so well with em :)

mrsa111

Observer
Dang that's kind of surprising, especially since I see a lot of igt setups with the burner sitting right next to/touching the cutting board. I'll be using pine for my countertop and birch underneath, so likely not as resilient to heat as bamboo, but still..

Is it the frame of the stove itself that gets hot? Or more the heat kicking back off the pan?
I was thinking I could mount it from the underside using aluminum, and use some of that heat resistant spray paint and foil tape, or anything else to treat the whole underside of the wood surface it'll be hovering above. I also could get an igt table, cut it down to size for just two burners and inlay the igt table top.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12