Snow Peak Addiction

Lennart

Adventurer
Just in case you were wondering......yes, you can make spatchcock chicken of the Small Fireplace :giggle:

O4lUYJ.jpg

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Has anybody tried this skottle insert in their IGT? It's made by Tembotusk. I currently have a Petromax skottle that theoretically might fit inside this.

Insert_1800x1800.jpg

Yes,I have that skottle insert and use it almost exclusively with my 2U IGT.

Last edited:

Lennart

Adventurer
Help make a short 'long' set IGT legs :giggle:

One of my most mobile cooking sets is the IGT all cosy wrapped up in a YDR strap set.
This is all good with the short leg set, but I do like to use the long legset. OK, so stick in the long set you say. Ha, but they will stick out the sides and I don't want that :D

Snowpeak has made some adjustable legs in the past but I am thinking much simpler. What if I cut a long set in half?
With a pipe cutter I can do that quite neatly, but has onyone gone down that route and if so how would you suggest connecting the two halves?
I though about welding a nut and bolt inside, but that welding would probably mark/warp the legset (and I can't do it myself).

Drifta makes collapsible/adjustable aluminium legs. Not bad al all, but I do like to keep the stainless legs as I don't mind the weight.

Connecting the two halves of the legs shouldn't be rocketscience, but I do want it to be sturdy once attached.
Any ideas or examples?

uVr1oA.jpg

KfZH4e.jpg

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Help make a short 'long' set IGT legs :giggle:

One of my most mobile cooking sets is the IGT all cosy wrapped up in a YDR strap set.
This is all good with the short leg set, but I do like to use the long legset. OK, so stick in the long set you say. Ha, but they will stick out the sides and I don't want that :D

Snowpeak has made some adjustable legs in the past but I am thinking much simpler. What if I cut a long set in half?
With a pipe cutter I can do that quite neatly, but has onyone gone down that route and if so how would you suggest connecting the two halves?
I though about welding a nut and bolt inside, but that welding would probably mark/warp the legset (and I can't do it myself).

Drifta makes collapsible/adjustable aluminium legs. Not bad al all, but I do like to keep the stainless legs as I don't mind the weight.

Connecting the two halves of the legs shouldn't be rocketscience, but I do want it to be sturdy once attached.
Any ideas or examples?

uVr1oA.jpg

KfZH4e.jpg

Not an answer to the question, but I have both the SP adjustable (also tucked in YDR) and the Drifta legs, which I use with my truck for leveling in extreme side-to-side slants. I prefer the Drifta as they far sturdier. I’d actually have to see if they’d be short enough to go into a 2U YDR “cozy”. I’m not sure that there is... but those could be cut down easier, I think.

If you have a look at what Drifta did, they created a new top cap which has the aluminum insert for the table. You could cut the leg shorter and make a new top cap (aluminum smelting?, or have them machined) or maybe 3D print something. This just requires a small hole drilled for the rivet into place, or you could use a small set screw. Just some ideas...

Lennart

Adventurer
Not an answer to the question, but I have both the SP adjustable (also tucked in YDR) and the Drifta legs, which I use with my truck for leveling in extreme side-to-side slants. I prefer the Drifta as they far sturdier. I’d actually have to see if they’d be short enough to go into a 2U YDR “cozy”. I’m not sure that there is... but those could be cut down easier, I think.

If you have a look at what Drifta did, they created a new top cap which has the aluminum insert for the table. You could cut the leg shorter and make a new top cap (aluminum smelting?, or have them machined) or maybe 3D print something. This just requires a small hole drilled for the rivet into place, or you could use a small set screw. Just some ideas...

Thanks for your thoughts Chris.
The overall idea would be to have a IGT 830 legset but two parts per leg that connect.
Perhaps something like this to join the two halves and tap some screws in the side to hold it together?
wZOppo.jpg

Ok....
I will tell you how to do it but you have to give me those YDR straps.

Just kidding.
You will have to buy another set of adjustable legs & use the bottoms,
Than cut your longer legs and use the bottoms from the adjustable legs for your NEW long adjustable legs.

I've been trying for some.time now yuman desert rat.
You send him a private message.
But I think they are not make any more, I don't know.

The quality looks amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles