Snow Peak Addiction

Honu

lost on the mainland
Congrats and most likely not your last snow peak item :)
You will love it :)
Also noticed ya mentioned about getting a partner steel stove ? In the other thread
Check this out
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...Peak-reviews-and-tweaks?p=1093763#post1093763
Great way to use the snow peak and partner steel together :)

The IGT stuff is pretty slick and lots of options :)

Also noticed
Hi all; My name is Frisly. I'm a silent reader for a long time. Joined a couple of weeks back. I love fishing. do a lot of truck camping and family camping. live in New York. Order my first snow peak product small bbq grill. is taking for ever to arrive but Monday is the day. I've reading in this site a lot of comments on this products and any other advice will be appreciated. Also next on my list is a partner stove. my old coleman stove needs a replacement and been thinking about this stove for a while. again thanks for all the advice about this products on this site. Can't wait to start grilling... I guess I can call it a early Birthday gift and the stove will be a Christmas gift...From me to me:jumping:
Fris

cactusjk

Explorer
I like the Partner setup and have a few questions:

Do these mounts permanently attach to the stove?

If so how do you close the lid for travel?

Do you have a source that can make them or plans we can have?

Congrats and most likely not your last snow peak item :)
You will love it :)
Also noticed ya mentioned about getting a partner steel stove ? In the other thread
Check this out
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...Peak-reviews-and-tweaks?p=1093763#post1093763
Great way to use the snow peak and partner steel together :)

The IGT stuff is pretty slick and lots of options :)

Also noticed

Honu

lost on the mainland
I like the Partner setup and have a few questions:
Do these mounts permanently attach to the stove?
If so how do you close the lid for travel?
Do you have a source that can make them or plans we can have?

yes they are permanent in the sense I have them tightened up on mine and not sure if you would want to take them on and off ?
I am pretty sure it was tacodoc that did a cool mod on his and put on leveling feet on his partner ! very cool idea and if you got those expansion nuts or whatever he used in a smaller size you could make a mount that goes on and off ?
the L channel does not stick out to much and I cant see using mine out of the IGT ?

I ordered mine without the lid attached or the front handle but I have the windscreen for the IGT
also thought the lid could do some double duty around camp turn it over line it with foil great tray :)
put it back on solid surface for when I am doing just the BBQ etc..
so in travel I just put a strap around it just like the BBQ box from SP uses

I just came up with it on my own so no plans
in quick get the L channel at home depot etc. cut to length then mark where the holes need to be on the L channel then take a drill door knob hole thingy :) forgot the exact term but used for doors the size of the opening of the valve knobs ( I had one around that was a touch smaller but worked fine) Itook a scrap piece of wood and drilled a hole in it to act as a guide then clamped that down on top of the L channel against another piece of wood and made the holes smoothed them off and bolted it up using some stainless hardware

since often when we go places we do not have tables we need a place to cook from so instead of setting up a table then putting stuff on it the IGT is pretty slick
also places that do have tables we often use for eating :) and having the IGT along side of us at a bit lower level allows me to sit and cook if I want along side the table
so for my family and sure others :) the IGT is a great idea for cooking :)

cactusjk

Explorer
You are definitely onto something! I have the original stove with the windscreen. There might be a happy medium between your design and one that accommodates the original. Will have to give it some more thought. I had a custom tray made a while back for mine and I am sure it is buried in this thread or another one somewhere. Great work and innovation!

yes they are permanent in the sense I have them tightened up on mine and not sure if you would want to take them on and off ?
I am pretty sure it was tacodoc that did a cool mod on his and put on leveling feet on his partner ! very cool idea and if you got those expansion nuts or whatever he used in a smaller size you could make a mount that goes on and off ?
the L channel does not stick out to much and I cant see using mine out of the IGT ?

I ordered mine without the lid attached or the front handle but I have the windscreen for the IGT
also thought the lid could do some double duty around camp turn it over line it with foil great tray :)
put it back on solid surface for when I am doing just the BBQ etc..
so in travel I just put a strap around it just like the BBQ box from SP uses

I just came up with it on my own so no plans
in quick get the L channel at home depot etc. cut to length then mark where the holes need to be on the L channel then take a drill door knob hole thingy :) forgot the exact term but used for doors the size of the opening of the valve knobs ( I had one around that was a touch smaller but worked fine) Itook a scrap piece of wood and drilled a hole in it to act as a guide then clamped that down on top of the L channel against another piece of wood and made the holes smoothed them off and bolted it up using some stainless hardware

since often when we go places we do not have tables we need a place to cook from so instead of setting up a table then putting stuff on it the IGT is pretty slick
also places that do have tables we often use for eating :) and having the IGT along side of us at a bit lower level allows me to sit and cook if I want along side the table
so for my family and sure others :) the IGT is a great idea for cooking :)

Honu

lost on the mainland
Yeah I remember the tray had the holes in it :)
Got me thinking for sure
My rough thought process was:
Had thought of a way to have the lid have the L channel material and drop that into the IGT then set the stove into the tray part kinda like your tray idea
But I liked the idea of a more flush setup since I tend to sit and cook and like that flush look and height
Also thought make some longer brackets where the top would act like the tray but be lower down so the stove would be flush to the top
So decided to think on it do some bbq grilling and one of those funny it was in front of me the whole time moments :)
The idea the top of the partner might make a good serving and prep tray would be handy came from my home where I like to bbq and use a tray a lot bring the fixins out on :) so get double use out of the top now

And my magma grill setup was easy and worked so figure the L channel was super easy and super clean to do and its nice and solid feeling :)

Had thought of having one with the windscreen on it but removable but again thought I have the igt windscreen if I need it :)
So decided to do no windscreen no handle for clean look and fit :)

Will be curious to see what others come up with using the igt with other devices :)

I can say the magma and the partner make a great setup for burn bans and running on propane and still debating about getting the next size up magma :) so I can do a bit more on the gas grill durring bans and bring the little one to help the charcoal side out when burn bans are not in effect

You are definitely onto something! I have the original stove with the windscreen. There might be a happy medium between your design and one that accommodates the original. Will have to give it some more thought. I had a custom tray made a while back for mine and I am sure it is buried in this thread or another one somewhere. Great work and innovation!

Ramjet

Explorer
Where did you get that? I've been wanting one for awhile. I did get the paper towel holder this week, but damn I wanted the duo.

chris snell

Adventurer
Where did you get that? I've been wanting one for awhile. I did get the paper towel holder this week, but damn I wanted the duo.

Special order from EE. It came by sailboat and mule. So worth the wait. I love the super-deep lip on the lid.

Lennart

Adventurer
Anyone seen a new products line up for 2013? I thought that usually around this time the anouncements were made on the Japanese site but I dont't see anything. I hope there will be more IGT stuff :coffee:

Lennart

Ramjet

Explorer
Anyone seen a new products line up for 2013? I thought that usually around this time the anouncements were made on the Japanese site but I dont't see anything. I hope there will be more IGT stuff :coffee:

Lennart

I have the new catalog for Spring 13, but there is but a few new item. Some tents, a new mesh shelter, and a lapel pen light, but that one may not make it to production. I just hope they get some stuff back in stock soon.

How's the Netherlands? I just had a meeting with some of our sales guys from there. Said it's been raining for over a month. Stay dry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94