Snow Peak Addiction

TooGouda

Nope, that's bizarre. How pungent is it?
not too strong but you can smell it if you are sitting next to it in the house. i probably wouldn't notice it outside
id be surprised if it was just mine that had the smell as its not uncommon for new items to have a smell of some kind. its more likely because I'm sensitive to smells that i notice it so much. the table top is quite affected by fingerprints though. even after washing my hands if i press my hand on it, it leaves a shadow of my hand because of how shiny the rest of it is. it seems like its because it has a slight coating on it of some kind from the factory. im not sure what it is and if maybe that is the smell. maybe i need to get some super hot soapy water to clean it with a cloth and see how that goes

alexcivick

Observer
My rainbow anodized sporks showed up today. Just in time for a week in the west Texas desert. I got one for my wife and because it was limited but these are actually cooler than I anticipated.
871dced4a48dbb3d025f8f426bb9e662.jpg

90b50d7edacbe6edfbf5c847b56999c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexcivick

Observer
I already have all the colors (though I just realized my purple and blue sporks aren’t in my kit) the colors in the rainbow are muted and subtle but I dig it you can tell they are hand dipped and unique in variation. I may have to start actually using a spork now….

35e38c2f4a1cf7745e616b4fb5861fdb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

natematos

The anodizing is super cool stuff, I've gotten to go to a few of the in-person events. It's crazy to see how the different finishes react. As @alexcivick mentioned, anodizing the standard ti gives you a really nice subtle rainbow effect. If you want to have some crazy color, starting with the blue seems to work the best. Haven't had a chance to try the green or purple as a base yet tho.

IMG_2685.jpg

TooGouda

Thanks. Hard to find Birch logs >6”.
not sure where you live... but you could always find a big fat oak or pine log too. Birch doesn't get to fat unless you have old growth forests around... birch does look cool though with the bark still on. oak and pine would look good if you removed the bark i think

TooGouda

@TooGouda super jealous! I know what you mean tho. If you don't buy 'em both now, you'll never get them both.
i learned my lesson... i opted to wait to by a 2U IGT frame in early 2020 before Covid happened not knowing that it was being discontinued and sell out and now im making up for it lol.

an outdoor shop like an hour drive from me had about 10 of the 2U IGT's and put them on sale and i figured i could wait a week or so as it was a month long sale... i was wrong. i did get 2 of the 1U renewed bamboo inserts from them for about $30 each though so that saved me some cash anyway

TooGouda

REI has a 20% off right now that applies to Snow Peak items as well. Their selection isn't as diverse as some other retail partners but they have a few bigger ticket items that you can snag at 20% off if you are in the market

I may have also ordered the gas grill today since i don't currently own a grill of any kind other than my takibi :D

how do people like the jikaro fire ring table? worth it?
I like the look of it and in my head it seems like it would be quite nice in the back yard but not sure i would want to pack it anywhere unless the fire pit is the main point of our cooking plans

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94