Snow Peak Addiction

natematos

I honestly think its a shame that Snow Peak went away from the hardgoods as much as they have. I remember drooling over lots of their stuff when I was young and couldn't afford it.

Looking through some of their late 90s catalogs, there was a lot more gear but it's pretty clear there wasn't a ton of effort going in to it, nor was it overly unique. For example, there was a couple hundred dollar picnic basket with that stereotypical blue speckle enamelware. It wasn't branded or anything, and while they offered it I'm not sure it was really doing anything for them.

Conversely, look at how many IGT things they make these days. In that same era, they had the multi-stand and that was kind of it.

TooGouda

IMG_6204.JPG

gas grill just arrived! If only I had the 1U charcoal BBQ box and I would have the complete set of 1U cooking heat sources
not sure i can try it out today or tomorrow but this weekend for sure it will happen.

TooGouda

View attachment 693862Grill burner is easily one of best field friendly way to cook. All of messis collected, no cookware to lug around. Really digging this unit with refillable 4.5gal propane tank.
just got mine today... are you just using the Kovea propane adaptor? I have a Snow Peak adapter to use the skinny butane canisters like you use for table top buffet burners but I don't really see any other adaptors out side of the Kovea one and random knock off brands for propane tanks

natematos

If only I had the 1U charcoal BBQ box and I would have the complete set of 1U cooking heat sources

*cough*

GP-032 Gigapower Stove platform w/ CK-121 Cast Iron trivet:
IMG_2771.jpg

CK-122 Open Flame burner:
IMG_2770.jpg

I think those two, plus the single unit BBQ box and the 3 you shared should be everything.

EPICBYTES

just got mine today... are you just using the Kovea propane adaptor? I have a Snow Peak adapter to use the skinny butane canisters like you use for table top buffet burners but I don't really see any other adaptors out side of the Kovea one and random knock off brands for propane tanks
I brought Kovea brand from REI, finish is good of quality. Couples with 1lb disposable propane tanks directly or buy threaded end propane tank hose. Usually in 1/4" NPT end (example) and use 1/4" NPT to 1-20" thread adapter to couple with the Kovea.

Plan to add quick disconnect couplings soon. I'll snag a picture for y'all!

TooGouda

I brought Kovea brand from REI, finish is good of quality. Couples with 1lb disposable propane tanks directly or buy threaded end propane tank hose. Usually in 1/4" NPT end (example) and use 1/4" NPT to 1-20" thread adapter to couple with the Kovea.

Plan to add quick disconnect couplings soon. I'll snag a picture for y'all!
just tested my grill out today. it is pretty slick i must say to have a grill in the IGT frame rather than a big ol stand alone grill that I used to pack into the pile of camp supplies. I noticed the little fuel canister started to freeze up pretty good with it only being in the 30's outside though so i think ill need to try the propane tank plan if i want to use it in the winter. i guess i could rotate canisters and keep them warm in the car or something too but that seems like a huge hassle

IMG_6206.JPG

IMG_6208.JPG

Redfernsoljah

GladiatorOverland
Looking for feedback on the IGT. We are thinking about using the following pieces for our outside cook-set. Three unit Corner set with a Double BBQ Box and the Tembo Tusk Skottle adapter for the other side. Giving us a cooking surface for anything we can think of , a small prep area and a place to sit. Will probably figure out a way to have a sink insert that collapses and the knife cutting board for the other open area.

natematos

Looking for feedback on the IGT.

I think the double burner is big for a 3 unit. And the Tembo Tusky Skottle takes up two units as well, so you wouldn't be able to run both at the same time. I would advocate for the 4 unit anyway, it's not that much larger dimensionally, but the extra unit of space gives a lot of flexibility.

As for knife cutting board, definitely look at the cutting board set L. When opened, it fits in to a 1 unit IGT space.

TooGouda

Looking for feedback on the IGT. We are thinking about using the following pieces for our outside cook-set. Three unit Corner set with a Double BBQ Box and the Tembo Tusk Skottle adapter for the other side. Giving us a cooking surface for anything we can think of , a small prep area and a place to sit. Will probably figure out a way to have a sink insert that collapses and the knife cutting board for the other open area.

i can't really give an accurate recommendation for your situation without knowing what cooking style you have, how many people you need to cook for, and how much payload/space you have for gear.

that being said... I can say you listed a double BBQ box, a skottle adapter, a sink, and a cutting board. if you want all of those in a frame, that will be 6 units of space. so the 3 unit frame will only allow one of your cooking methods, and a sink or cutting board in the frame.

the corner is really just a spot to put things and is not usable for a lot else other than maybe some light prep work.

unless you are cooking for say 4-6+ people regularly, the double BBQ box likely won't benefit you much cooking surface wise if you already have a skottle. it would allow for charcoal style cooking/flavor, but you could also do that on a fire with a grill grate (or a takibi set up) or a grill at a camp/picnic area. also i would just use the skottle on its own with its own legs set up near the IGT. I see no point in taking up IGT space if the skottle can stand on its own. flat table space or IGT units for stoves and such are at a premium when outdoors.

if the space allows a 4unit frame would allow you to do one of your cooking surfaces + a sink and cutting board...or 2 of your cooking surfaces. but as mentioned...skottle can stand on its own and then you can have your whole list all at once including a corner and a table for prepping and eating on.

Redfernsoljah

GladiatorOverland
Sorry I meant the single charcoal box. I wasnt sure how much the skottle adapter took up. This said I would prefer a 3 position. The sink would like be used as a side attachment. The corner is just for putting stuff.

Anyways we are cooking for two with the option to cook for more if wanted. The charcoal grill would be for steaks , chicken and such with a charcoal grilled flavor. Im not against the 4 unit if it gives my wife some space to prep. We can always figure out a solution on the Alucab to fit the items. I was hoping to have some space between the cab and the camper to store it. Would have someone fab up a three-sided box with a door that fits that area with a door to be able to slide in things. Im working with a fabricator to work out some ideas there. Im just looking for something simple and functional with a load of different options to use. Like different setups depending on time at area or so on. Would rather have a break down time of less than 30 minutes total of all camping gear with the two of us. By myself I would just use my 2 burner partner on the back door and maybe the grill if wanted. Im still tryign to figure out this stuff. In the end it may not be the best option for our needs.

I was going to get the drop table that went with the 3/4 unit to be able to sit at. Always found it very nice to have a outdoor table. Jsut to hang out in the rain under the canopy, play cards, games etc..

ahjushi

Anyone have the Shimo Can Cooler 350? Does it have a bottom, or is it just a sleeve like a traditional koozie? I want it more as a cup--is there anything preventing it from being used as a normal cup? I can't find any pictures of the bottom, and I read something about it having "clips" too?

Catalanbull

Anyone have the Shimo Can Cooler 350? Does it have a bottom, or is it just a sleeve like a traditional koozie? I want it more as a cup--is there anything preventing it from being used as a normal cup? I can't find any pictures of the bottom, and I read something about it having "clips" too?
The last pic in amazon seems like the bottom

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 11.29.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 11.29.48 AM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 23

natematos

You could use it as a cup if you wanted. The 'clips' are little nubs on the internal layer that hold the can in place. They're down at the bottom though so they wouldn't have any impact on drinking from it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles