Snow Peak Addiction

alexcivick

Observer
Wow that’s a surprise…. They’ve been sporadically sending out backordered items to suppliers lately but I wouldn’t have expected the Baja Burner to pop up. I finally got a chance to buy a Flat Burner when Expedition Exchange got a couple in stock last week (supposed to show up today along with a My Table!) I’ve learned to jump on a rare opportunity when they come up so if you have wanted a Baja Burner here’s a rare chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesC

Adventurer
Does anyone know when they changed the Dutch Oven26 handles? I just received a new one and the two wire handles are curved without the notch for stable hanging that I had seen. Are these new design handles balancing well for everyone?

I was expecting them to still have this shape for hanging:
1643743709047.png

Thanks!

Leothe3rd

Anyone know best practices with the SP Burners (Flat, Baja, Grill) and indoor use? I know they use iso-butane but couldn’t dig out anything that said if they need to be used outdoors only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

natematos

Something I wish was still around, CK-121 IGT Cast Iron Trivet.

This was originally designed as part of the WG/GP integration system for the IGT in 2003. Your backpacking stove went underneath, and the gave you a sturdy cooking surface for heavier items. It was discontinued around 2007/2008 along with the whole system as by that point there were a few IGT specific stoves in the product line.

But today, I'd love to see this reintroduced. Personally if I bring the IGT out, I likely am bringing cast iron to cook on. And when I'm done with a pan but still need the burner the only option is to set it down. If the grass is dry this can pose a huge fire risk, and having a trivet space like this would be a great place to let things cool for a bit.

There is a guy in Japan who redesigned this and produces them regularly, but despite my best efforts I can't get him to ship anything to the states.

v7ft7fgfs1g81.jpeg

JamesC

Adventurer
Does anyone know when they changed the Dutch Oven26 handles? I just received a new one and the two wire handles are curved without the notch for stable hanging that I had seen. Are these new design handles balancing well for everyone?

I was expecting them to still have this shape for hanging:
View attachment 705362

Thanks!

Can confirm the new style cut out micro-notch works ok - for the SP tripod setup hook anyway.

Vincenzo

Something I wish was still around, CK-121 IGT Cast Iron Trivet.

This was originally designed as part of the WG/GP integration system for the IGT in 2003. Your backpacking stove went underneath, and the gave you a sturdy cooking surface for heavier items. It was discontinued around 2007/2008 along with the whole system as by that point there were a few IGT specific stoves in the product line.

But today, I'd love to see this reintroduced. Personally if I bring the IGT out, I likely am bringing cast iron to cook on. And when I'm done with a pan but still need the burner the only option is to set it down. If the grass is dry this can pose a huge fire risk, and having a trivet space like this would be a great place to let things cool for a bit.

There is a guy in Japan who redesigned this and produces them regularly, but despite my best efforts I can't get him to ship anything to the states.

View attachment 706015

That is a nice looking item. Can you post a better picture? Maybe without the pot on it? I have an idea on how to possibly make something similar, but I can't see the details well enough.

Edit: Just looked it up online. Makes sense now. Out of curiosity is there any functionality to the layout that is important other than being able to set hot items on it? Does the placement of the bars matter?

natematos

Out of curiosity is there any functionality to the layout that is important other than being able to set hot items on it? Does the placement of the bars matter?

I think it depends on the end use. If you're making something to place hot items on, no the bars aren't important. But since this was also intended to be used as a grill top for stove that could be positioned 10 different ways, it likely came in to play originally.

alexcivick

Observer
For no reason at all today I decided I needed to make a new carry case for my new MyTable. Originally I made a brown canvas one but seen the Velcro strap too short so on my redemption attempt I decided to kick it up a notch With some hunter green canvas lined with brown canvas and rustic oil tan leather binder, handle and straps. It matches my Kermit chair now (happy accident)I’ve been planning on making a bunch of 1 unit canvas bags to store my IGT inserts, I think I might stick with this hunter green and brown style….
a396f40ff3584252731e137a2a44b897.jpg

a90a4851c8ceeb9a6a2bf106d8a2d5b0.jpg

fb61ca9a75e7c510510575d9d8775919.jpg

b8db31ded7041621634b87e013dbfb20.jpg

Lennart

Adventurer
For no reason at all today I decided I needed to make a new carry case for my new MyTable. Originally I made a brown canvas one but seen the Velcro strap too short so on my redemption attempt I decided to kick it up a notch With some hunter green canvas lined with brown canvas and rustic oil tan leather binder, handle and straps. It matches my Kermit chair now (happy accident)I’ve been planning on making a bunch of 1 unit canvas bags to store my IGT inserts, I think I might stick with this hunter green and brown style…

That is nice work there (y)
Nice and overstated in true SP style :)

Do you have a sewing machine that can handle these materials or is this 'honest handwork'?

alexcivick

Observer
That is nice work there (y)
Nice and overstated in true SP style :)

Do you have a sewing machine that can handle these materials or is this 'honest handwork'?

While I have gone back to hand stitching things lately, I used a sewing machine for this. I have a couple of machines i use for leather and a couple for canvas.
406720be75f30d21493bbcd0752b2442.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier