Snow Peak Addiction

Riptide

Explorer
Took the small Fireplace on my motorbike tour of the Pyrenees two weeks ago. I still prefer a stainless bridge/grate, but so be it ;)

I love it. I remember when you packed this pit in your kayak, so I shouldn't be too surprised you took it on your bike.

Lennart

Adventurer
How did you find transporting the pit? I have the same idea, but am worried about the weight, as will be in a pannier. How much did you actually use it? Cheers.

The small fireplace is no problem at all. The small is backpacking size :). I took the fireplace to Schotland (NC500) last year as well and used it a lot. I grill whenever I get the chance ;)
I put the grill flat on top of my main bag, but it should not be a problem in a pannier. I use a rotopax 4 liter as pannier which is much heavier than the fireplace. I even took a Softcooler (the blue on top of the topcase) to carry a nice steak or sausages.
Seems like a lot of stuff on my little moped, ........maybe I need a bigger bike :D

20220922_101026.JPG

motoz

Adventurer
0c3af3720aec026ce3cb13657454733c.jpg

Lamb leg cooked over charcoal on the single bbq box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRYA

I’ve read the past few years of posts. Long time fan but ready to explore getting off my Coleman and onto a IGT setup with the dual burner stove as the star attraction for a family of 4 plus scouting events. I’m thinking IGT has the expandability needed for cooking for the scouts. So, calling IGT experts. Is there a 4 unit kit out there or do I buy a là carte.

What do you absolutely recommend for the remaining 2 units to go with the stove? Best places to buy as well?

Also I’ve been really happy with my composite propane tank so ideally Looking to use an isobutane to propane adapter. This allows for a single fuel for stove and propane fire pit.

Thanks for all the guidance!

CRYA

Well having spent the last few days reading up to page 250, I decided the IGT starter set offered me the best deal for my use case. Where have all the addicts gone? For the first 200 pages folks were way more talkative about the gear. And whatever happened to the mad scientist Yuman Desert Rat? Last post was in 2019 never to be heard from again on this thread at least!
A shame I’m so late to the IGT party as a bbq box and carry straps are on my wish list!

Lennart

Adventurer
Well having spent the last few days reading up to page 250, I decided the IGT starter set offered me the best deal for my use case. Where have all the addicts gone? For the first 200 pages folks were way more talkative about the gear. And whatever happened to the mad scientist Yuman Desert Rat? Last post was in 2019 never to be heard from again on this thread at least!
A shame I’m so late to the IGT party as a bbq box and carry straps are on my wish list!
I hope they are all out camping and having a great time :giggle:

You can't go wrong with the 4 Unit IGT. I have the GS220 twin stove and combine it with some of the stainless inserts and put a 2 Unit cutting board (not SP) on top of the inserts. Very versatile (y)

Lots of different options for the 4 unit......
Be sure so show us what you end up with.

201205pinksteren12.jpg

69CQxw.jpg

aN6Sjc.jpg

TooGouda

I think most of us likely grabbed a starter set of some kind when we joined IGT gang. then just added on as needed from there. I got a 3U standing set for my first IGT build but now I have a 4U, 3U, and a 2U. Standings lgs, sitting legs, low legs...various inserts and stoves etc. And some hand made inserts and gear sleeves and such.

IGT is th best I have found in every way shape or form in terms of a modular camp table/kitchen.
I use it while camping, tailgates, in the yard, at a picnic, even in the house to some extent.

My stove tried to start on fire and burn my house down a few weeks ago.... it is now in the yard waiting to go to the scrap heap and I have a 3U IGT kitchen in my house for now lol
71908625140__E2958503-A911-4C5D-88C6-0CCDDE9021E7.HEIC.jpeg

The flat burner I think is a must have. its not too pricey and its fairly efficient on fuel for general cooking. it does have a limitation on how big of a skillet or pot you can put on it as it sits flush with the table surface and has limiting fingers poking up so larger sizes will either overlap onto the inserts or be off kilter and tippy.

Baja Burner is goo for bigger skillets and pots as it has a raised pot support like a normal burner grate. it also uses the fuel canister upside down to suck liquid instead of gas, this allows it to be more of a rocket blaster and burn hot.

2 burner stove and 2U charcoal or good for bigger groups for sure.

some people have had some luck attaching a propane tank to various stoves but so far the only one I have tried that on is the Grill burner so im outside when i use it anyway

CRYA

I think most of us likely grabbed a starter set of some kind when we joined IGT gang. then just added on as needed from there. I got a 3U standing set for my first IGT build but now I have a 4U, 3U, and a 2U. Standings lgs, sitting legs, low legs...various inserts and stoves etc. And some hand made inserts and gear sleeves and such.

IGT is th best I have found in every way shape or form in terms of a modular camp table/kitchen.
I use it while camping, tailgates, in the yard, at a picnic, even in the house to some extent.

My stove tried to start on fire and burn my house down a few weeks ago.... it is now in the yard waiting to go to the scrap heap and I have a 3U IGT kitchen in my house for now lol
View attachment 802709

The flat burner I think is a must have. its not too pricey and its fairly efficient on fuel for general cooking. it does have a limitation on how big of a skillet or pot you can put on it as it sits flush with the table surface and has limiting fingers poking up so larger sizes will either overlap onto the inserts or be off kilter and tippy.

Baja Burner is goo for bigger skillets and pots as it has a raised pot support like a normal burner grate. it also uses the fuel canister upside down to suck liquid instead of gas, this allows it to be more of a rocket blaster and burn hot.

2 burner stove and 2U charcoal or good for bigger groups for sure.

some people have had some luck attaching a propane tank to various stoves but so far the only one I have tried that on is the Grill burner so im outside when i use it anyway
Nice. Thanks. My set should be here Friday. Double burner came in today with the windscreen due from Taiwan sometime next week! Excited to get the bits in for the full camp kitchen remodel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz