Snow Peak Addiction

dwatsonkc

Stilwell, KS
I do have a love for some of the Snow Peak goodness. So with some inspiration from the bison Jonathan and Zach cooked at the expo, I made a list of my favorite Snow Peak goodies. . .

http://www.expeditionportal.com/equipment-testing/330-my-favorite-things-snow-peak.html

I agree with the above, however the "hub" of many Snow Peak products is the IGT table. The table itself is simple but as a package it's about the coolest thing i've seen. Very adaptable to what you are using it for. Not just a table, not just a grill.

Ash

Adventurer
Guys, I had a blast eating, drinking and generally making merry at OX with ya'll, it was a lot of fun :chef:

I'm looking forward to learning more about the new Snow Peak home furniture. We are about to eat on the BBQ box at home and I was thinking how brilliant it would be for a permanent setting.

Ash

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
I have had my eye on the knife/cutting board combo for a year. Sick and tired of wrapping a good kitchen knife in a bunch of paper towels and then a rubber band for transport inside my kitchen box. Could never really figure out a better way to do it. Picked up the large set at Expo and it is SWEET. Talk about a good idea. Man that knife is sharp too. It sliced bells, tomatos, onions that second night so fast and easy ..... great stuff.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I have had my eye on the knife/cutting board combo for a year. Sick and tired of wrapping a good kitchen knife in a bunch of paper towels and then a rubber band for transport inside my kitchen box. Could never really figure out a better way to do it. Picked up the large set at Expo and it is SWEET. Talk about a good idea. Man that knife is sharp too. It sliced bells, tomatos, onions that second night so fast and easy ..... great stuff.

Not knocking the SP but here's what I use when toting my knives along for camping: http://www.broadwaypanhandler.com/b...dge+Safes&pf_id=Lamson_Knifesafe&dept_id=2430

You can find them at any commercial kitchen supply store. But beware once you enter one of these places, and you like to cook, you might find a few other things you can't live without..albeit at 1/2 or less what you'd pay in a gucci residential type kitchen store. :)

dwatsonkc

Stilwell, KS
I built these custom drawers for my snow peak Kitchen ware. It didn't seem right to have such fine gear bouncing around in the camper.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52958

Love the idea. I've been thinking about a "pullout IGT table" on my trailer. Just pull the frame out and then insert what you need. (maybe 2)

or... a fold up IGT table that folds into 4 sections that creates a box to hold some of the inserts.

OverlandGourmet

I've been contacting local vendors looking for setups of the IGT system before spending the money and none of the vendors have any displays to show off. I just noticed you'll be at the Overland Rally in Ellensburg...Hope to take a look at the setup then.

Cheers,
Salue

Salue,

We'll have the full IGT setup there so you can see it firsthand and even test it out if you like. While we won't have every attachment for it with us, we typically bring the "work horse" selection of the most commonly used and requested items. It's an incredible setup and we love the fact it is so modular ... you can cook for one or 100. :)

Zach

OverlandGourmet

I built these custom drawers for my snow peak Kitchen ware. It didn't seem right to have such fine gear bouncing around in the camper.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52958

Very cool idea. The greatest challenge with any cooking gear, Snow Peak or any brand for that matter, is proper storage. We're in the process of building some organizers for storage boxes to keep your plates, flatware, etc all nice and neat. I've been on too many trips where gear gets tossed about and banged up because of poor packing, not off roading. How are you liking the larger SP stainless steel bowls and plates? They need a bigger stainless plate for the US market, but we use the same "large" dinner plates all the time in the field.

Cheers!

OverlandGourmet

Cuando? When are you going to update the new items on OG website?

Most of the store updating will take place tomorrow. Hard to believe, but we're still sorting out everything from Expo. There was a mad dash on the Snow Peak products there and we're trying to restock as quickly as possible. Who knew you could sell that many IGTS, BBQ boxes, Baja Burners, and cutting boards in 72 hours? :)

Ron Mexico

Observer
Is there any update on how affected Snow Peak may be due to the tsunami?

The last post on their blog alludes to rolling power blackouts, but should we expect long delays and shortages in the future?

Tacovendor

Explorer
Muuuuuuuust have streeeeeeength.............Ah, Zach are you sure it's titanium and not kryptonite? Making a list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles