Snow Peak Addiction

DesertSand05

Observer
I had a cheap knock off of a square version of the snow peak pack n go fire place I could never justify replacing with a snow peak version.

But I finally pulled the trigger on a large snow peak pack-n-go fire place. Got a starter set from sunny sports, the coal bed and frame to raise it off the ground from campsaver.com, and the large bag from backcountrygear.com.

If i can get the field oven for $200 Ill grab that, but $224 was the same price every where.

Is there any other add-ons for this that I missed?

THATSALEXUS?

Adventurer
I had a cheap knock off of a square version of the snow peak pack n go fire place I could never justify replacing with a snow peak version.

But I finally pulled the trigger on a large snow peak pack-n-go fire place. Got a starter set from sunny sports, the coal bed and frame to raise it off the ground from campsaver.com, and the large bag from backcountrygear.com.

If i can get the field oven for $200 Ill grab that, but $224 was the same price every where.

Is there any other add-ons for this that I missed?

I'm pretty sure I read that the pack & carry kit comes with the canvas case a few pages back. If so, you can cancel that order and justify the extra $24 for the oven:victory:

FWIW the lowest I've seen the oven was when REI was closing them out for $200...

DesertSand05

Observer
I'm pretty sure I read that the pack & carry kit comes with the canvas case a few pages back. If so, you can cancel that order and justify the extra $24 for the oven:victory:

FWIW the lowest I've seen the oven was when REI was closing them out for $200...

Thanks for the hint, I tried to cancel the canvas bag, but will probably have to just return it. Not a big deal.

I pulled the trigger on the pizza oven. While I was looking at the griddles and all the other snow peak stuff thats been discontinued I figured I should buy it while I can.

I am on the fence on whether I should grab the griddle, the hand griddle and half grill, or the cast iron half grill. There also seems to be a full sized cast iron grill thats been extinct for some time. Not to mention a stainless steel pan that I am not sure what it is supposed to be for.

The grills get confusing and the full sized griddle seems to be hard to find, I may just have to order that.

briferg

Observer

My large Pack & Carry came with a light weight nylon bag, that was a about 8 months ago. It is ok, nothing like the canvas version. Hope that helps.

DesertSand05

Observer
I got the large pack and carry kit today. Sunny Sports didn't list it as the large model, but I checked the part number and took a chance. I lucked out I got it for a very good price.

It comes with the large canvas bag, the base plate, the grill bridge, and the pro grill with the small mesh.

I think it will work out well, but even the large is smaller than I thought. I bought the riser kit for it, but can't see how the table set that goes around it works for a bunch of adults. Its very low to the ground.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Not 100% Snow Peak related, but I've been getting a lot requests for my EDC bag. Its made of 1000 denier cordura fabric. 2 quilted layers with bound edges. Semi rigid opening edges. Fixed or removeable carry handles. 5 Exterior pockets and a 5 layer padded semi rigid base. Made in the good ol USA by yours truly from 100% US made materials. Coyote or OD Green.

1118172037.jpg
1113172011a-1.jpg
0820171318.jpg

DesertSand05

Observer
Thanks, I didn't see those pics of it before.

I get a kick out of the picture of it from the top that makes it look so big, I think a shot from the side might make it seems really tiny :)

It seems neat as a shelf for holding things like drinks. If I ever find a good deal on one I might grab it just to have the set, but to set it up at the camp site they would think i was going really overboard. As if all the other snow peak stuff didn't already say that :)

sumnrfam

Heads Up Snow Peak Fans

Portland area Snow Peak fans,, big "Friends & Family" sale event this weekend @ the Portland store,, From the Snow Peak facebook page: :wings:

Happy Holiday, Everyone!

This weekend at Snow Peak Portland, join us for a very special sale for all our friends and family in the region. Stop by the shop and enjoy up to 60% off closeout apparel and closeout gear. We'll have complimentary drinks, snacks and gifts for everyone that stops by.

This is your one chance to save big on Snow Peak products! Many of the items we're offering have never been on sale in the US before. Bring a friend, come on down and see what's in-store.

Could be a chance to find that missing IGT gear you are looking for :sombrero:

Enjoy ;-)

Wade

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke