Snow Peak Addiction

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I have a couple cutting board cases made up and ready to go, if anyone is in the market?
If things slow down a little with my day job I should be getting started on some new products....

chrys

Observer
Afraid none of these have ever been sold in the US. The Water Dispenser hasn't been released yet (July).
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Do you happen to have any info on if they will be released over here at some point or if I should just pull the trigger on ebay, etc? That CK-020 box hangar would be super useful... I have picked up a few things that way in the past only to see them come to the states 6 months later at half price, hence my only hesitation!

jtosbo00

Observer
Do you happen to have any info on if they will be released over here at some point or if I should just pull the trigger on ebay, etc? That CK-020 box hangar would be super useful... I have picked up a few things that way in the past only to see them come to the states 6 months later at half price, hence my only hesitation!

For new items like the water dispenser, they seem to take another year before they appear in the US. However, I don't expect it to be released here. I don't have any inside info, just historically, I haven't seen anyone sell these kind of items directly from the states.

You should call the Snow Peak stores in SoHo NYC and Portland. They sometimes have items in stock not reflected on the website. I know SoHo does and often email them directly if I need something that isn't available elsewhere (aside from Amazon Japan).

I personally ordered the box hanger from Amazon Japan 2 weeks ago and it was cheaper than eBay/Amazon USA. Not to mention shipping was faster too (6 day turnaround). Just be sure your CC doesn't charge foreign transaction fees if you go that route.

briferg

Observer
In California we have a new "bag bill" where you pay 10¢ for a reusable bag or bring your own. I went to a Trader Joe's market in Costa Mesa and used my Snow Peak Tote bag, both to shop with and check-out with. It wasn't very busy, and the check out guy said "man I really like this bag! It is so well made!" I gave him a quick background on SP and told him that there is even a Snow Peak Addiction Forum. He said that no wonder - you can tell the quality is so much better! I didn't feel like my addiction was so mis-placed after that!

Last edited:

harbinger808

Adventurer
Glad you got your couches! I called REI today to see if they could still honor the anniversary 20% discount and they did for one of them. My wife will try for the other. We wouldn't mind the extra $150 savings again :)

chrys

Observer
They are all over the place, now back up to 89 Snow Peak items again, including the pack and carry fireplace kit I just bought direct from SP, with no 20% off.... grrrr

jtosbo00

Observer
They are all over the place, now back up to 89 Snow Peak items again, including the pack and carry fireplace kit I just bought direct from SP, with no 20% off.... grrrr

Call SP and ask if they will refund 20% because REI is back in stock. The guys in SoHo were willing to match REI when I called.

John Shaffer

I like Snow Peak products too but decided to give Toaks at try we customized a 4 pot nested set that works great. Unfortunately REI does not stick so purchased direct from TOAKS USA. We used to use GSI Halulite but switched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4e3921ba8ae7780e68ffd778df61d88b.jpg

Last edited:

jtosbo00

Observer
After setting up the camp couches for the ideal scenario at campsites, decided the IGT Slim Table is probably the best way to go instead of attaching a table to the sides. I also like that I can still use my grill or stove. I could use an existing IGT Frame table with the shorter legs but didn't feel I would want to deal with dismantling it from the "kitchen" setup.

Placed an order moments ago. Probably my last SP purchase for the year! At least that's what I am telling myself. Anyone else getting one?

2a1f41660857941ffd749915d383a7ad.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles