Saturday sessions at home

130ab54255a1f1ac821e127d9a66532f.jpg

d728846d1ccaa47d270e10782c1493d8.jpg

ef173969da7614819486dfbf3c1ad596.jpg

d5a12a1ca47ce89d625f2a95ac1c493a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtosbo00

Observer
1st time posting but researched the IGT in this thread while living in Japan for four years. It wasn't until I spotted an entire floor of Snow Peak products at a L'Breathe store in Shinjuku that I realized for first time that it was a Japanese brand. I have since moved back to the USA and re-reading this thread made me realized how lucky I was to have full access to the entire SP product line. I even had the pleasure of visiting their headquarters.

BTW, the REI Anniversary sale is probably starting May 19th where 20% discounts are available. Hopefully two things happen: (1) REI still has SP in stock or ships with little delay; (2) REI / SP successfully expand SP's brand awareness and brings more demand/pressure for SP to keep existing and new products on the shelves here. Otherwise, I will have to move back!

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
1st time posting but researched the IGT in this thread while living in Japan for four years. It wasn't until I spotted an entire floor of Snow Peak products at a L'Breathe store in Shinjuku that I realized for first time that it was a Japanese brand. I have since moved back to the USA and re-reading this thread made me realized how lucky I was to have full access to the entire SP product line. I even had the pleasure of visiting their headquarters.

BTW, the REI Anniversary sale is probably starting May 19th where 20% discounts are available. Hopefully two things happen: (1) REI still has SP in stock or ships with little delay; (2) REI / SP successfully expand SP's brand awareness and brings more demand/pressure for SP to keep existing and new products on the shelves here. Otherwise, I will have to move back!

Welcome to the Thread! :)

Honu

lost on the mainland

welcome :) would have been so fun to see that floor full of goodies and the headquarters :)

have to get over there and hang out for a few months !

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
What's your timeline for wanting one? I haven't made one as of yet....but suppose I could.... I pretty much make things on demand. I'm an active duty Marine full time, I make stuff in my "free time". Unfortunately, I'm just a one man show.... Shoot me a PM if you want me to make you one, though. I threw up the link because I knew a lot of folks have been waiting for a LONG time..... I know it's not a good business move, (for me)though..... lol

jtosbo00

Observer
Some things to share. I drove to REI in SOHO NYC, one of REI's flagship stores that is to stock and display the SP IGT. Unfornately they had not pulled out the SP stuff but it was all there on pallets! I was told by a REI employee who was sent to Seattle for training on the new SP stuff, they are going to put them on display on May 8th and will leave them up as long as they have them.

He also said that in discussions with SP reps, they may add more SP products to the lineup including the clothes. How well the SP stuff sells over the next few months will determine that.

Just a few blocks from the REI store is the official Snow Peak store. It is a small shop with mostly clothes in the front and camping gear in the back. A large portion of the camping gear is backcountry type of stuff. However, they do have a few, limited quantities of "car camping" gear such as the 2 burner stove, dutch oven, IGT related items, tents and dishes. I was able to pickup a bag for the dutch oven (out of stock at places like SP.com and backcountrygear.com) and the 2 burner stove case. The guys here are pretty friendly and helpful. "Chris" told me if I ever needed anything to shoot him an email and would even ship items to my home since I am about 90 mins away. Also said reach out if anything breaks and he will help. So if anyone is in or near NYC, be sure to check out the locations!

UPDATE: I can post pictures now. SP IGT pallets!
b09cb893d64210d0580b6d61bfcfed6e.jpg

Last edited:

jtosbo00

Observer
To add to the above post:

REI SOHO Flagship
303 Lafayette St
New York, NY 10012
(212) 680-1938

Snow Peak Store - SOHO
soho.store "at" snowpeak.com
59 Crosby Street,
New York NY 10012

briferg

Observer
You have to applaud Snow Peak for making a great line of products and reaching out to the largest market in the World - the U.S.A.
If a company expands too quickly to meet temporary demand then they endanger their longevity. Honestly how many more Baja stoves am I going to buy? Or IGT legs etc? I think even though there is scarcity, that is a good place to be. They will meet the demand but it isn't so bad if they take a while.

cactusjk

Explorer
SP said that REI agreement only goes through August.

We need to find a good Japan site that will ship to the US for the hard to find items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

landsharkman

Adventurer
Just received the custom made bag for my Sp oven from YDR, looks great, fits perfect, super well made with a little padding, feels very rugged, cannot wait to take on my next trip

bag%201sm_zpsueuyrdys.jpg

Bag%202%20sm_zpsnktvzpaq.jpg

Bag%204sm_zps7jnkptie.jpg

Bag%205sm_zpskt7w9jdg.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94