Snow Peak Addiction

JamesC

Adventurer
Any reviews or comments anyone has seen on the Field Grinder? I usually drink tea at camp but also collect vintage lever espresso machines and would like a moka at camp sometimes. Carrying my Pharos grinder and subjecting it to beach sand and desert dust is less than ideal HAHA.

Thank you

Honu

lost on the mainland
Well ya know EO
Reckon the plastic lido 3 would beat it knowing EO ;)
Any reviews or comments anyone has seen on the Field Grinder? I usually drink tea at camp but also collect vintage lever espresso machines and would like a moka at camp sometimes. Carrying my Pharos grinder and subjecting it to beach sand and desert dust is less than ideal HAHA.

Thank you

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Barista Kettle question

Well, I got my first pile of SP stuff, and it's all awesome and I'm addicted. Shopping again!

Anyone own the Barista Kettle? I am fighting some serious space issues in my rig and need to know exactly how wide and tall it is when stowed. I've seen several conflicting measurements on them Interwebs. I'd greatly appreciate the info.

DesertSand05

Observer
I am not sure if that has trickled down to the masses in the US yet, but haven't checked in a few weeks....

It looks pretty cool, and better than the their two other shots at coffee pots and kettles.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I am not sure if that has trickled down to the masses in the US yet, but haven't checked in a few weeks....

It looks pretty cool, and better than the their two other shots at coffee pots and kettles.

I like the idea of it too. Pour-over coffee is my preference. The space I have is 7 inches tall max. That rules out the perc model (that I don't really need anyway). If the Barista Kettle is under 7 inches tall that would be perfect. The other thing I need it for is to do dishes. I'm trying to avoid hauling a sink or tub around. if I could clean the cast iron and other stuff with well-aimed water from a spout it would save a lot of room overall.

DesertSand05

Observer
I have decided that I absolutely MUST have a SP CS-510 (22cm dutch oven), but it looks like these were discontinued about 5 years ago. Anybody have an idea of where to find old stock...or buy used SP gear? The current 26cm version won't fit in my allotted space. A real bummer.
I've been looking at International sites with no luck. Thanks.

I grabbed a 26cm and its beautiful but way to big, before I bought it I looked and looked for the smaller version. Its been discontinued for a long time.

Don't give up hope though. They released a Caldero that was preatty large, a year later they released one for two.

Snow peak stuff seems to be cyclical sometimes, things get discontinued, then they gem back in a few years. Those small dutch ovens were supposed to be dead, but suddenly they were popping up all over agin.

They might release a smaller proper dutch oven at some point.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I grabbed a 26mm and its beautiful but way to big, before I bought it I looked and looked for the smaller version. Its been discontinued for a long time.

Don't give up hope though. They released a Caldero that was preatty large, a year later they released one for two.

Snow peak stuff seems to be cyclical sometimes, things get discontinued, then they gem back in a few years. Those small dutch ovens were supposed to be dead, but suddenly they were popping up all over agin.

They might release a smaller proper dutch oven at some point.

LOL. Yup. I google Ebay.jp once a week for the 22cm model. No luck yet. I've been playing with the duo set for a few weeks and it is a lot of fun to use...so might give up on the 22cm. Also been looking for a micro oval. Seems like there are none in the US right now.

Lennart

Adventurer
You might hunt for one of these, a CS-430. At 24 cm it is right in the middle :)
Of course also old and discontinued but I have seen one on ebay some time ago.

Iw453t.jpg

briferg

Observer
Well, I got my first pile of SP stuff, and it's all awesome and I'm addicted. Shopping again!

Anyone own the Barista Kettle? I am fighting some serious space issues in my rig and need to know exactly how wide and tall it is when stowed. I've seen several conflicting measurements on them Interwebs. I'd greatly appreciate the info.

The Barista is on the web site with dimensions - https://snowpeak.com/collections/cookware/products/field-barista-kettle?variant=4225835204636

Riptide

Explorer
I like the idea of it too. Pour-over coffee is my preference. The space I have is 7 inches tall max. That rules out the perc model (that I don't really need anyway). If the Barista Kettle is under 7 inches tall that would be perfect. The other thing I need it for is to do dishes. I'm trying to avoid hauling a sink or tub around. if I could clean the cast iron and other stuff with well-aimed water from a spout it would save a lot of room overall.

It is exactly 7" tall with the top on, and exactly 5" wide at base, with the handle off. The top wooden knob is about 3/4" high, so you could sand that down a little if you had to, to shrink the height...

These numbers don't really jive with the SP site...

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Nice seeing some new addicts taking the plunge.... Ive been off the radar for a while with work being busy and my wifes car getting totalled... New products hitting the market, how exciting! I cant wait to see reviews on the the coffee paraphanalia, cast iron duo etc. I picked up the cast iron duo at OEX 2013 and its been waiting to be used ever since... (pathetic, I know) dont judge me....

I may be selling off some extras of SP IGT gear in the near future.... ;)

For those who reached out regarding Desert Rat Designs gear, I have responded to your PM's.

DesertSand05

Observer
Best Non-Snow Peak Accessory for the Snow peak Fire Pit....

With so many companies out there making custom bags, I hate to recommend one, but I just bought a bag that makes the Snow peak Fire Place so much more easy to store and handle.

I found Drifta a few years ago when they were the only ones that had a snow peak item discontinued every where else. i also bought a custom bag for my snow peak pots. Even though it was coming from Australia to the US it shipped relatively painless and did provide tracking to my email. Ordering to the US from their site is even easier now.

Well they have greatly expanded their offerings and offer a bag for the Snow Peak Fire Place Kit and the Snow peak Field Oven. I really needed a bag for the Field Oven I bought, but the fire place bag is so much better than the better canvas version. The shape is much better and it has a divider to keep the fireplace separate from the cooking stuff. They also have bags for odd items like the half grill griddle and grate.

https://www.drifta.com.au/product/drifta-bags-for-snowpeak-fire-pit/

https://www.drifta.com.au/product/field-oven-canvas-bag/

They also have a bag for carrying the red snow peak chairs that I really needed, two bags holds 6 red snow peak chairs. Again way better than what snow peak has for the red chairs.

https://www.drifta.com.au/product/snow-peak-red-folding-chairs/

I really like, but would never pay this much for a bag for my Baby Webber Q and this unique idea for a bag that you put milk crates in for a economic hard shelled carry bag....

https://www.drifta.com.au/product/drifta-weber-baby-q-bbq/

https://www.drifta.com.au/product/milk-crate-bag/

I really like the idea of the milk crate bags, but the cost is just crazy, I'd do $20 for it, but not more than that. Its an amazingly good idea though.

I love the fire place bag though, I think its much better than the canvas snow peak bag. You could drop a lot of money with these guys :-(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles