Snow Peak Addiction

WestWorld

REI put a couple of SP items on markdown recently. Two things worth noting, the Chiri-tori pot is 30% off and the Gigapower torch is 50% off. I'm reading up on shabu shabu and sukiyaki recipes! :chef:

motoz

Adventurer
Also, does anyone find that the grill attachment to the Pack and Carry fire pit (L) doesn't fully align 100% with the fire pit when mounted? From afar it's hard to notice, but up close you could see that the grill attachment is slightly "twisted" relative to the four sides of the fire pit. The joining parts of the fire pit panels have some give, which seems to be the cause.

Yes mine sits slightly a skew also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trailscape

Explorer
Some of the newer stuff is made in China.... Doesn't make it junk though.... ;)

Maybe not, but I usually equate it with cheap. It's just a label I avoid especially when purchasing something I expect quality and longevity from.
I wouldn't replace a critical vehicle part with one that had that label on it. I still look for "Made In Japan" whenever I buy an OEM Toyota part.

I'd expect at least one of three things to happen with Snow Peak manufacturing changes. Higher product inventory, newer products and lower quality.

I think these days they are just more interested in selling dolls and fancy clothing to hipsters with deep pockets.

Honu

lost on the mainland
I think these days they are just more interested in selling dolls and fancy clothing to hipsters with deep pockets.

sadly kinda like the North Face of old used to be insane high end killer still nice stuff and a few really nice but gone mainstream its not what it used to be !!

kinda feel they are going that way sometimes and hope will keep a high end niche

the Asian market has some really cool stuff from Coleman even and uniflame and a few others so for us its totally unique over there I think its a high end choice so no idea if they are also trying to balance cost vs market and our US base is so tiny

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Who knows... most of my SP gear is made in Japan.... I have bamboo tables that were MIJ and warped and partially delamination and vice versatile. I usually cringe at MIC items and try to avoid as well but won't go without something I need in order to do so. Sadly the goal of most companies is solely to make as much money as possible, which can often affect quality.... If SP goes the way of North Face, I will be disappointed but at the same time enjoy the high quality gear that I already own.

Honu

lost on the mainland
Who knows... most of my SP gear is made in Japan.... I have bamboo tables that were MIJ and warped and partially delamination and vice versatile. I usually cringe at MIC items and try to avoid as well but won't go without something I need in order to do so. Sadly the goal of most companies is solely to make as much money as possible, which can often affect quality.... If SP goes the way of North Face, I will be disappointed but at the same time enjoy the high quality gear that I already own.

I still pick and choose

smaller titanium items toaks is great stuff

for the IGT I still like to adapt other things that work with it :)

I do want the fireplace setup complete one day

Lennart

Adventurer
Bit of a grilling weekend and of course brought the SP Fireplace.
We have had such warm and dry weather that they called a 'code red' which means 'no open fires' :Wow1:

So then you improvise. We were allowed to use charcoal so the fireplace was our fireplace :)
ad1ca9daa2fb67b76674c80152a3d565.jpg

So for my project....say hello to my little friend
261d169221c8c46658474d81d38f2315.jpg

a53b40be89393ba6e781e6abee0c7f26.jpg

4sbqx3.jpg

BPuDcg.jpg

UNuZzK.jpg

IT1mIj.jpg

8jqyMk.jpg

Real tasty and tender.

Someone else borrowed the Fireplace for his 'pirate stew. Those pirates sure ate well :chef:
4TINdU.jpg

Eet smakelijk, thanks for looking. Enjoy your gear :)

Lennart

Adventurer
Tried amazon.co.jp and found it cheap(er) :)

NhZSwA.jpg

tR9g61.jpg

The SUS top is quite sturdy. Heftier than I had imagined.
My wife does not understand it is cool and totally expands the use of the MyTable. Amateur :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles