Snow Peak Addiction

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I love the uniflame gear. The quality is just as good if not better than Snow Peak. Thank goodness for Drifta! Its the only place Ive been able to score their merchandise.

DesertSand05

Observer
The Camp Chef Foldable Chimney came in today. It packs very small, it it also seems small, it says it holds 40 charcoal briquettes.

That doesn't look like a lot, would 40 briquettes be enough for the large fireplace to use the pizza oven?

I am used to a gas grill, and I am still waiting on a few items to come in.,

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I recently finished a one off project for a forum member. This version allows for storage of up to 17 legs. Has a pouch to store IGT inserts inside the IGT space and a
Removeable leg storage section that can be subsittued with other optional add-ons. A new updated and more robust storage bag/ protective case for the IGT once its all strapped togeher. Also a couple of EDC bags. One in coyote and one khaki green.

1209171705-1.jpg
1209171706a-1.jpg
1209171706b-1.jpg
1209171707a-1.jpg
1209171709-1.jpg
1209171515-1.jpg
1209171516-1.jpg
1209171713-1.jpg
1209171714a-1.jpg
1209171715-1.jpg
Once the table is secure, flip it over...

Last edited:

WestWorld

Wow, really cool stuff! Very organized. I just bought a bunch of IGT stuff, waiting under the tree! Unfortunately I'll have to wait until Spring to use them.

motoz

Adventurer

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
That's awesome craftsmanship. I really like the simplicity of the design.

On a side note I can't imagine it would be that light with that much IGT bundled together.
It's great gear but doesn't win any awards in the light weight category.
Ill have to strap a bunch of it together and get it on a scale! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Its a labor of love. I truly enjoy creating things. Being somwhat of a perfectionist and having worked on aviation emergency egress equipment; that combination has spawned some extremely durable and functional creations.

Oh, it can get QUITE heavy!! Its funny how Snow Peak makes extremey lightweight gear and some of the heaviest as well.
One does not accumulate IGT gear if weight is a concern... :laugh:

Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
You might end up using it sooner.....?
I've used mine during power outtages etc...
Heck, I use my IGT tables as part of my work area around my sewing table.

Let me know if you end up needing anything?

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Crikey!! Thats pushing $500.... THAT is one piece of kit I WONT be adding to my arsenal. I would be happy to make it a case worthy of its quallity, craftsmanship and elegance. If anyone would be kind enough to share ptotos with precise measurements?

independent

Well, I'm the lucky guy that received this great kit. The workmanship is impeccable, I really can't say enough about how this is put together. The layout is well thought out, simple yet genius. The use of high quality material coupled with professional craftsmanship make this a perfect compliment to the Snow Peak gear. Now I have everything in one place, one storage bag to stow. Before it was a pretty haphazard affair, now it fits perfectly in it's spot and with the handles on the ends can be easily accessed.
As for the weight concerns, it's not really that bad........yet. It isn't as if you'll be hiking any long distance with it.
Anyone needing storage for the IGT or other Snow Peak products I would highly recommend Yuman Desert Rat products. Made in the US with US sourced materials and great craftsmanship, it doesn't get any better then that. And the EDC bags, very nice too, great size and well made as well. One was to be a gift, I think I'll be keeping both.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Wow! Thanks for the kind words! I truly enjoy creating new and useful items for people to enjoy, year after year. I have a few more EDC (ScHmIdT) bags that are fresh off the "assembly" line. I actually made myself one.... I may actually retire the original 20 year old one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles