My camping trailer fixup

grimbo

Explorer
Just did a couple of other little things.

Put the Quickfists on the lids
d31c80df-696c-3640.jpg

Then was doing a bit if a yard clean up and found a small tarp. Hmmm that's a good size. Turns out it's exactly the length of the lid. So grabbed a bit of sail track
d31c80df-69c8-3952.jpg

A couple of hooks
d31c80df-69e3-bc73.jpg

Some tent poles and a spreader bar and voila
d31c80df-6a0b-d679.jpg

Also scored some new tyres for the trailer out of mums garage from her and dads old 70 series ute. Brand new, never been used, just sitting there fir 6 years since dad died
d31c80df-6a67-39d8.jpg

So there you go another tight arsed series of mods that do the trick and show my complete lack of fabrication skills :D

McZippie

Walmart Adventure Camper
What are the the round tubes on the top of the trailer for, that are shown on the drawing?

Last edited:

McZippie

Walmart Adventure Camper
So there you go another tight arsed series of mods that do the trick and show my complete lack of fabrication skills :D

No my friend you are much to modest.... You are a Master, a Master of the Make-Do!
The green awing is sweet!!!
Very nice trailer, set up for your family camping enjoyment. I like it a lot, very functional without a lot of expensive expo bling...

Last edited:

Dirtytires

Explorer
Very cool little trailer. I see some skill you have there. The great thing about making it your own is just that. I like it. I was going to get a pioneer tool bar for mine
but after seeing your build I like the shovel idea. Keep up the good work and keep up posted with some more pics. You know we are nothing but a bunch
of pictures whores here . Lol

grimbo

Explorer
Cheers guys.
McZippie the tubes are for storing tent poles although I may rethink that and use them as a source for hot water. By painting them black they will act as solar heaters for water. Tap at one end and a valve from a bike tube glued into the lid at the other end means I can plug an air compressor into the valve and have pressurized hot water for a shower.

grimbo

Explorer
Just back from a weekend away down at the beach, bush camping at Shallow Inlet

The trailer worked well with the awning proving very valuable. Also found a caravan hand water pump buried in the crap in my shed. So bolted a quick fist to the trailer, ran a hose from the jerrycans to the hand pump and voila running water. Big hit with the missus
31c07c4d-d612-311e.jpg

31c07c4d-d595-0a63.jpg

31c07c4d-d5b5-bb75.jpg

grimbo

Explorer
Here's a pic of the led strips on the inside lid, perfect to work by and casts enough light without being blinding. Also doesn't seem to attract any bugs which is a bonus. Have a few more to wire up
31c07c4d-d97f-8b55.jpg

grimbo

Explorer
Yeah its a nice spot, Sandy Point which is about 15 minutes drive from it is a great swimming/surf beach. Also checked out Bear Gully which would be nice during a quieter time, very crowded. Also Walkerville foreshore looked great too.

Slowly getting there with the trailer. Got to get an offroad hitch, wire the harness properly, new tail lights, power from the vehicle to the trailer to charge the battery, get it all sand blasted and powder coated (got love mates who can do freebies).

But the trailer just keeps doing what it should and is perfectly functional, we keep thinking do we get the camper trailer, but in the end all we would be getting for a lot of $$$ is a more comfortable bed. Just can't see the value, we have everything we need packed in the trailer or on the roof rack

grimbo

Explorer
Cheers Mark.

I keep on planning to do more to it, but as it works so well I don't want to pull it apart to do any further mods. I really do need the longer tongue on it, for a bit more storage space and ease of reversing. Also have to get the wiring done and new rear lights and a bit of a clean and paint.

Hopefully over winter I can convince a mate to do the welding work in his shed

grimbo

Explorer
Well havent really done anything on it over winter. Did a bit of a clean out of the stuff that doesn't get used. Will swap the wheels over next week and hope to rewire and new tail lights before Xmas.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350534515.755173.jpg

Took it out two weeks ago for a quick couple of nights camping with my sons while my wife worked. Was nice to get back out there. Just bought a new tent, bit more room.

GetImage.aspx

grimbo

Explorer
Just bought a used camper trailer. Nothing flash but will do for quick trips in the weekend and any basic touring stuff. If we want to hot the harder high country tracks will just pack the tent

The Drifta pull outs kind of sealed the deal. Don't need fancy electrical systems, already got a battery pack and lights, have a stove and BBQ. Nice and basic not extra bits and pieces as we have all the stuff we need.

ypepa8y3.jpg

5eqasuta.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior