Making my Uro-Camper Kubic 1.0

Tribu

Adventurer
Hello friends

Here you have a video where you can see a pop up camper and awning Fiamma

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA2E-v2wLhI"]YouTube - Celula Uro-Camper camara rapida.wmv[/ame]

Tribu

Adventurer
dscf7326o.jpg

dscf7327sk.jpg

21042011646.jpg

21042011647.jpg

21042011652.jpg

dscf7319r.jpg

dscf7321.jpg

dscf7329.jpg

dscf7328f.jpg

dscf7333.jpg

bcrez

Adventurer
How much has this camper affected your off-camber performance? Specific numbers would be great if you have them. I have taken my Tacoma to 32+ degrees sideways. Being able to Hold 25 with a camper would be nice.

Tribu

Adventurer
Hello friends

Not long ago passed through here. But I want to show a video. We tried pop-up Kubic 1.0 and this is the result .............

Now we are in the next project.....Kubic 2.0. I hope to finish soon.

soon I will put photos of the construction that we have already begun

Thanks!!!

NothingClever

Explorer
Nice job! The use of space for storage is well done.

On an unrelated note, I really liked the soundtrack to the first video...it sounded like a Gustavo Cerati song (big fan).

cobra4856

This is very interesting. I'd like a little clarifacation if I can. Basic construction is light wood framing with extruded foam. Covered in thin PVC foam correct? Why the PVC foam covering?

This is then covered in Polyurea. I take it this is pretty much the same thing as the spray on bed liners here in the US? Similar to Rhino Liner? Would a do it yourself product like herculiner or Water based tough coat work in a similar fashion. They are both tough but I haven't used either on foam of any sort.

Sorry if I sound dense. On another site there are many folks building small trailers out of extruded foam covered in canvas and woodglue / paint like an old airplane wing. Pretty cheap/strong construction. Looks like you are doing the same thing but with hi-tech covering materials. I'm really liking this design idea. Looks like it could easily be duplicated by a home builder. Just the concept not your exact layout of course.

It looks like the Polyurea he is using IS similar to Line-X or one of the other Polyurea bedliners. Rhino Liner is a Polyurethane which is more rubbery. I used to own a Line-X franchise in NJ. The other products probably won't work near as well. Herculiner and the other products aren't nearly as tough. Line-X is a 2 part fast acting compound that is under HIGH pressure, over 2000 psi, and heated to over 160 degrees F. The 2 parts don't mix until the tip of the gun, and the bedliner can be walked on within 5 minutes of spraying. Unfortunately there's not much you can get at the store that can compare. Line-x works awesome on foam.......

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
There are a few polyurea truck bed liners.

After seeing this sweet camper I started looking, and found one fairly local.

I have NO idea the cost though. But I intend to find out.

And unless the OP of this thread finds it is unsuitable for a camper outer coating, I think Ill plan on using it for my custom camper.

the one I found is called "turbo-liner"

http://www.turboliner.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior