Lada Niva Mini Expedition Project

griffdog

Observer
It lives. Need to adjust valve clearances, and flush oil and coolant but fired up well with fuel that was at least 5 years old. Just a quick run to make sure that all had gone back together OK and then get everything back together properly including fan shroud and air cleaner housing.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Awesome. There are two NIVAs just up the road from me sitting there. I am not sure if they are completely rusted out or not. Would make a great "Side x side".

griffdog

Observer
Kojack, go and have a look at them. If they are not completely rusted out you can everything new from Russia or the Ukraine. They are a great little cat to tinker with. As they are fiat based you have a weird combo of Russian and Italian idiosyncrasies but that is something I love about them.

griffdog

Observer
These are some pictures of my first niva that seem to not be viewable now (cheers imageshack!). What it looks like prior to roller paint job and after.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Yeah, Its interesting. I may toss a 200 dollar off at the best one. Like I said, it would make a great UTV replacement for here, heater etc for the winter. add some tracks. Way to go then.

griffdog

Observer
Too bad - undoubtedly they will just rust away. I can never understand why people would keep cars that they obviously are never going to do something with.

griffdog

Observer
Been slow on the progress of the Lada but put in a bit of a spurt in the last week and thought I would post some pics up for those that are interested. Basically we have things back together and I am just tidying up some paintwork. I have an order of new lenses and the donut coupling between the gearbox and transfer that I need to get from the Ukraine and then with some new tyres she should be back on the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles