Repair Damaged Mount for Camper Jack

sisu

Adventurer
First off I will say a BIG thank you for this newest addition to the site.

I got a killer deal on this 9.6 Northern Lite, but two of the jack mounts are so so. I have been looking all over the net trying to find repairs for ideas. One fella simply used an expanding polyurethane glue to do his repair. If it is that simple good but I have my doubts.
I was thinking about removing as much material as need from the inside of the camper near the space I need to access and installing a nice piece of multi-layer plywood, then bolting using Nylocks the camper jack mount to that. The loose screws by the way are not all of them but a few in just one location at the mount near the truck's cab and the other in in the rear and it is only two screws that are stripped.
Have anyone else done mount repairs for their camper jack? If so please tell me how you did yours.

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
Hello, I am also a NL 9'6" person. What I have heard is to fill the hole with epoxy and then redrill the hole a little smaller than the screw.

I have a couple as well that are loose. I leave the TC on the truck so not too worried. Was thinking of a mixture of glue and some wood wedged into the space. As there are lots of screws it, and the way the jacks are attached should not be a huge deal if only one per jack. If it was more I would use the epoxy or a metal plate inside the TC and run bolts through to make sure it was very secure.

deminimis

Explorer
If you can access the inside, you might want to consider a metal (alumn) backing plate and bolt through that. That worked for me anywho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier