the boogie van

the boogie van

here is my van, just heard there was some good e-series ford info here
91, EFI 460, E4OD combo with 233k orig miles.
the previous owner, a buddy of mine who is big into the desert racing scene actually converted the front to 2.5" coilovers and bent the beams for ~4" lift. it rides really good now, but the steering is not the best because he kept the stock arms in the stock spot (0* caster is fun hehehe)

img_0498.jpg

img_0494.jpg

img_2633.jpg
img_2477.jpg

the electrical needed a lot of attention when i picked it up, just needed to be cleaned up and organized really. i don't like dangling wires everywhere. the switch for the OverDrive wasn't original and was just dangling from under the dash. so i added the pushbutton and LED on the dash to replace that, the other switches are for the front lights, rear light and electric fan (in the works)
img_2630.jpg

img_2632.jpg

img_2629.jpg

there had also been some leakage inside over the years and the carpet and sound deadening was all rotten with mildew, so i fixed that too.
img_2526.jpg
img_2527.jpg

i'll get some more pictures up tonight.
future plans are simple: new fully boxed radius arms with proper caster, 2.5" piggy back shocks in the back, Doug Thorley tri-y headers i've heard a bunch of good things about, and some kind of traction adder in the back.

i think this is gonna work good for me and the lady to explore and race bikes out of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne