Official Overland Expo 2011 thread: Videos, Pictures and Updates

WxMan

Adventurer
I believe you take the Arivca road exit in Amado. The expo will be to the east of I-19 just on the other side of the frontage road. It was easy to find last year when I drove down there. I wish I could make it this year but it's a long haul from here and time won't allow for it. I'm envious of you all though. Have fun.

Russ.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I believe you take the Arivca road exit in Amado. The expo will be to the east of I-19 just on the other side of the frontage road. It was easy to find last year when I drove down there. I wish I could make it this year but it's a long haul from here and time won't allow for it. I'm envious of you all though. Have fun.

Russ.

That's it.

Find your way to Tucson, then head south on I-19.

Take the Arivaca exit - about 30 minutes south of Tucson (if you get to Mexico, you went too far!), make a left at the bottom of the off ramp.

Cross under the freeway, and then strait across the frontage road (warning - cross traffic on the frontage road does not stop, and they might be driving a tad over the speed limit).

Once you cross the frontage road, you are there.

beemerchef

Explorer
Practicing my Classes for Overland Expo! "One pan cooking" and traveling without refrigeration...
We will be eating good these coming days!
50 minutes for 2 meals + talking about the non refrigeration aspect. (except if you want meat which is then an option).
Tomorrow will try the next one... All is local fair and fresh... and too easy!

1233521677_9E7at-L.jpg

1233521690_YcKbQ-L.jpg

Be well... Ara & Spirit (who only drools!!! :drool:)

trailsurfer

Explorer
1st love the jeep but, why would a tent manufacturing company use someone else's tent? Wouldn't you use your own tent to market it instead of the Habitat?

The tent material is made and sewn by Nemo. It should be a great set up and a really cool promotional vehicle for Nemo.

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the driving directions!

Will hope to see yall out there, you can find me near the Muskoka stuff I am sure.
Again, cheers for the directions.

Brian

Connie

Day walker, Overland Certified OC0013
Long day getting here yesterday, finally got internet! Looking forward to seeing everyone!!:wings:

gjackson

FRGS
The Land Rover driving skills course is going to be fantastic. The heavy equipment came in last Thursday and they have been building ever since. I will post pics later today.

cheers

beemerchef

Explorer
1st love the jeep but, why would a tent manufacturing company use someone else's tent? Wouldn't you use your own tent to market it instead of the Habitat?

Can you clarify about Nemo tent. Are those the ones with self inflating poles? If so I know why they would use someone else's tent.
Thanks and be well...
Ara & Spirit

Captain K-man

Adventurer
Can you clarify about Nemo tent. Are those the ones with self inflating poles? If so I know why they would use someone else's tent.
Thanks and be well...
Ara & Spirit

I know of Nemo tents from backpacking & let me tell ya, they make a darn good tent. I don't think they are the ones that make the blow up tents.

Edit; after looking up on their web page it turns out they do make both pole & blow up tents, I was having a brain fart there, sorry

Last edited:

beemerchef

Explorer
I know of Nemo tents from backpacking & let me tell ya, they make a darn good tent. I don't think they are the ones that make the blow up tents.

Edit; after looking up on their web page it turns out they do make blow up tents, I was having a brain fart there, sorry

It's OK, I checked also.
I like the idea of the blow up poles, I saw the demo last year at OX 10, my only gripe was it is NOT a 3 season tent as being single wall. I called it a 1.5 season tent! His reply to that fact was... leave the vents open so it does not rain inside. Yes, when it is 30 degrees outside... not a good scenario. It would be great to have the same design but double walled. Spirit and I camp full time, (I use a Hilleberg tent), the Nemo would not cut it. I imagine it is the reason they are not using their own tent on that jeep.

PS: love their sleeping pad though!!! Wish I could afford one of those...

Be well... Ara & Spirit

kb7our

Explorer
It's OK, I checked also.
I like the idea of the blow up poles, I saw the demo last year at OX 10, my only gripe was it is NOT a 3 season tent as being single wall. I called it a 1.5 season tent! His reply to that fact was... leave the vents open so it does not rain inside. Yes, when it is 30 degrees outside... not a good scenario. It would be great to have the same design but double walled. Spirit and I camp full time, (I use a Hilleberg tent), the Nemo would not cut it. I imagine it is the reason they are not using their own tent on that jeep.

PS: love their sleeping pad though!!! Wish I could afford one of those...

Be well... Ara & Spirit

You guys aren't saying that this latest tent design (see pic obtained from AT site) is being replaced with something all new from Nemo or are you referring to this latest design with some additional refinements? I realize we will all find out in a few days, but does anyone know for sure today if the pictured design is the Nemo "tent" being referred to or not?

Attachments

• habitat007.jpg
    habitat007.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 125

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles