All purpose everything trailer build

80DDYota

updates:
Picked up some more sheet metal, and diamond plating for the rear corners.
Photo081.jpg

Photo82.jpg

Photo83.jpg

Photo084.jpg

Photo085.jpg

Photo087.jpg

Photo086.jpg

Photo088.jpg

ahhhh, one side almost done.
I'm not sure color this thing sould be. Black is always great but, not sure..............

Last edited:

80DDYota

Ok, this thing is kicking my butt. One side is done! The top doors will be done later. I have no idea what color I want this to be. I'm going toward silver and black, no sure.

Here are some more updates. had to stop, damb rain......

Photo089.jpg

Photo090.jpg

Photo091.jpg

Photo093.jpg

Photo92.jpg

80DDYota

Now this is starting to become fun, now that the end is near. Most of the time poeple would ask me if doing this stuff is fun. I usually tell them NO. It is when you are done that makes it worth while. The payoff is in the end, when you stand back and look at what you have done for yourself. I hate to say it but the best part is when you pull up somewhere and a person would wonder where you bought your rig from. You tell them that you made it, thay look at you with a "yeah right, bull****" look. Am I crazy, are the poeple in this forum crazy? Hell yeah!!!! Something tells me that some can't conform to the norm to just buy what you want. The crazy is making it.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Great job! Keep it going, I'm stealing your idea, or your stoled mine and started first...LOL

Are you making the side compartments water proof? Takes so much welding and since I don't do it, I'm thinking of a few spots and using water proof bags or conatiners inside.

Like the fenders!

80DDYota

Finished the other side today, ahhh. Now I can enjoy the rest of the weekend. I even got the diamond plating done, threw it on just to see what it would lokk like.

Photo94.jpg

I ended up rounding the corner. looks better now.
Photo095.jpg

80DDYota

Great job! Keep it going, I'm stealing your idea, or your stoled mine and started first...LOL

Are you making the side compartments water proof? Takes so much welding and since I don't do it, I'm thinking of a few spots and using water proof bags or conatiners inside.

Like the fenders!

Yeah. You can see the lips that I put on the tops, it will keep the weather out for sure. I will be also putting a seal around the edges. The top and tailgate will have a seal aroung the edge, no lip.

I saw this idea and liked it, I later found the link where the photo came from. The drawing was alot more detailed, and the person even stated that at the time he had no money to build it. It was back in 2009. I just coundn't mount storage boxes on top of the fenders. I liked this idea better. Can't wait till it is finished.
Thanks

Last edited:

80DDYota

it looks very good so far, what color is the tow rig?

It's funy you ask that. I have a few tow rigs. I have a silver Tacoma, orange Bronco and a desert Jeep. I'm sure I will be using the Tacoma and the Bronco the most.
I'm shooting for silver, pretty netural color. silver body, black fenders and tounge, and diamond top and corners. Red looks good too but, I took the idea I don't want to take the color too, lol.

80DDYota

I still have the make the trays for the inside and seal all the edges. Next is the tailgate and top. and lights, wiring, change the wheel bearings, bondo, sand, paint, bed liner for the fenders and inside. Man still a few things to do. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior