Around the world since june 2000

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
It's great you have started to enjoy The Book of Independence. I'm very happy about that, it has been a lot of work!

We've just finished to tour Canyon de Chelly, but not inside the canyon. We've been all around by the top of the mesa, with a lot of amazing views! Next time we have to find some friends to go inside!

Cheers from Chindle, till next crossroads!

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
Organizing all the photos of the last Overland Expo. I like this one, we got this paper in the front of our vehicle, our Cockroach, La Cucaracha!

premios de la Cucaracha.gif

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
Freedom is...

Freedom is: if you cannot (or don't want to) pay the official guide to go inside Canyon de Chelly, go around it! Jump to the top of the Mesa and get lost thru the small tracks that surround the rim!
con-los-chanchos.jpg
fuego-con-los-chanchos.jpg
allá-vamos.jpg

(Next time, photos will be bigger... :))

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
Thank you guys. I'll try to post more often!

Cheers from Dolores, Colorado, looking for a contact to participate in the Dolores River Festival, this weekend...

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
AROUND THE WORLD IN 10 YEARS AT THE DOLORES RIVER FESTIVAL!!! :smiley_drive:

Tomorrow saturday we'll be sharing stories of our 13 years around the world with our beautiful Cucaracha at the Dolores Music Festival, southwest Colorado. The elephants from Zimbabwe will chase us again, our 4wd will breakdown at the Sahara Desert in Sudan and we will fall in the deep potholes of the wild Trans Amazon dirt roads. The children, again, will ask about African tribes and wildlife while their parents start to dream on taking their rig and drive south, looking for the Pan American Highway...

522a-Estados Unidos-Arizona-Ruta Canyon de Chelly-Furgo.jpg
La Cucaracha (the Cockroach) at Canyon de Chelly some days ago

ZMagic97

Explorer
Great photo! I had the chance to speak with you briefly and the Overland Expo in Flagstaff and it was a pleasure to meet you. I hope you continue to have a safe journey.

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
In Moab.
This morning I said: 'let's go back to the Lockhard Road to show it to Anna'. We went back from Kane Road and after 5 miles I decided to turn back. Didn't want to punish the Cockroach as I did a year ago...
243-EEUU-Utah-Canyonlands N.P.-Lockhart Road-Bad ******** Road.jpg
237-EEUU-Utah-Canyonlands N.P.-Lockhart Road-Bad ******** Road.jpg

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
Cheers from Vancouver B.C., Canadá

It has passed a month since I landed here, a Delica haven where I can find parts, spares and friends with garages to work on our beloved Cucaracha! Since then I've been working on our rig, on the starting motor, the glowplugs, injectors, some new aluminum boxes and trying to find an Espar Hydronic D5 at a reasonable price.
It still amazes me to think that a month ago we were giving some presentations at the Washington Overland Rally! It was good to be there, sharing stories of 13 years on the road.

I leave you a photo of Anna throwing stones to me, after going too close to the Canyon de Chelly rim...

529a-Estados-Unidos-Arizona-Ruta-Canyon-de-Chelly-Anna-me-quiere-matar-Foto-Chanchos.jpg

Master-Pull

Supporting Sponsor
Wow, what an amazing, endless journey! I'm bummed that we weren't able to make it the the Washington Overland Rally this year; I would have loved to hear some of your stories. We're located just across the border from where you are now, in Ferndale, WA, so feel free to stop by if you drop across the border. Cheers!

-Lyle

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
Thank you Lyle! If we go that way I'll write you. I'm working now on the Cucaracha, installing an Espar Hydronic D5, and doing some other small work. After this weeks in Vancouver (the heaven in North America for the Mitsubishi Delicas) everybody will say: 'Ohhhh, qué linda Cucaracha!'

Even those who only speak English.

Cheers!

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
AROUND THE WORLD IN 10 YEARS: PRESENTATION AT VANCOUVER PUBLIC LIBRARY, B.C.

Next tuesday, 3rd september, we are going to do a presentation at the Vancouver Public Library, B.C., Canada. It will be at 19 hs. It will be mainly in Spanish, but we are also going to show the best photos of 13 years en route. And we are going to be during all the day with our 4x4 (La Cucaracha) telling stories INSIDE the Library.

Yesssss, they offered us to park our beautiful Cockroach inside the building, in front of the main entrance, so we can be showing our home on wheels and our books.

If you are around, we'll be there!

20130903_Rey_Callau_FINAL-mas-chico.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles