Jeep Wrangler Habitat Official Release

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
What is this flap of cloth around the front hanging down for? I can already hear it flapping in the wind and waking me up. :)

Nemo%20JK%20Habitat%20Left%20Tent%20up.jpg

DK
I guess for that the rainwater is not pooling. But looks like the flap on this prototype was a wee bit too short. There is a small area rain water could sipe in.

DingusKahn

Adventurer
And a few more

More is better... Right?

Nemo%20JK%20Habitat%20Port%20entry.jpg

Nemo%20JK%20Habitat%20FrontLeft%20Tent%20up.jpg

And this is for sale so I can fully equip my JK Habitat.
2009-yamaha-fjr1300a.jpg

Great bike! any takers?? (wrong forum, I know)

DK

Ursa Minor

Rear Window Options

Is there going to be any windows in the rear or storage in the rear window area (like http://www.rebeloffroad.com/product_p/roe-jk-wr.htm)?

That Rebel window deal is pretty unique. One could install the RotopaX Storage Window in the Habitat shell, probably easier than getting the glass out of a stock hardtop!

The area in the rear quarters is designed to take the stock Mopar rear window glass or can be left flat, or I'll design a opening panel for that area (but ONLY when I get ahead on this project...)

Cheers, John @ UMV

kb7our

Explorer
What is this flap of cloth around the front hanging down for? I can already hear it flapping in the wind and waking me up. :)

Nemo%20JK%20Habitat%20Left%20Tent%20up.jpg

DK

Yea, I too suspect the flap is for water shed but it needs to fit around the base with internal bungee or similar to prohibit any flapping. I bet the Habitat team has this covered.

jrueppel

Adventurer
This would be pretty cool - will look forward to seeing how the storage doors open and how the space behind it fits around the role cage area to maximize the use of that space.

That Rebel window deal is pretty unique. One could install the RotopaX Storage Window in the Habitat shell, probably easier than getting the glass out of a stock hardtop!

The area in the rear quarters is designed to take the stock Mopar rear window glass or can be left flat, or I'll design a opening panel for that area (but ONLY when I get ahead on this project...)

Cheers, John @ UMV

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Very cool. Great looking tent. Depending on the cost I would consider replacing the stock flippac tent.

What is the cost for the Habitat?
What is the cost of the Jeep? 25K-30K depending on model?

Last edited:

DingusKahn

Adventurer
Update??

Hey Mario,
It's been four weeks since OX11 ! my how time flies. You have four weeks left?!? How about an update?

DK

DingusKahn

Adventurer
Move the water

Hey Mario,
Started to send an email, but decided to let the community add their opinion.
Because of the split rear seat your choice for the right side for the drawer and water tank/heater/pump is pretty well fixed, and OK. But that doesn't mean that the tap has to be on that side!
I was thinking of the stupid tailgate/spare tire et al being in the way of going from the kitchen to the water.... On my vehicle I want to move the quick attachment to the other side. Either in the cabinet down low an very far forward OR, even better, just put in on the hardtop shell right behind the back door driver side. Use the stove from the driver side. set a table up by the driver rear wheel and everything is on one side! Cam can then do an awning for that side that ties to the rear awning or canopy and life is good.
The plumbing from the pump/heater can be routed under the remaining seat and up to the outside connector. Or maybe do both sides! Use your original connection for the bathroom/shower and my idea for the kitchen. :wings::victory::wings:
For sure that's what I'm doing. Anyone see any problems?? I know it will waste a little hot water getting to the kitchen side. But the good thing is the exhaust pipe is on the passenger rear so if you need to run the motor a bit it won't be in the middle of food area. AND we don't have to work around the tailgate.

kb7our

Explorer
Hey Mario,
Started to send an email, but decided to let the community add their opinion.
Because of the split rear seat your choice for the right side for the drawer and water tank/heater/pump is pretty well fixed, and OK. But that doesn't mean that the tap has to be on that side!
I was thinking of the stupid tailgate/spare tire et al being in the way of going from the kitchen to the water.... On my vehicle I want to move the quick attachment to the other side. Either in the cabinet down low an very far forward OR, even better, just put in on the hardtop shell right behind the back door driver side. Use the stove from the driver side. set a table up by the driver rear wheel and everything is on one side! Cam can then do an awning for that side that ties to the rear awning or canopy and life is good.
The plumbing from the pump/heater can be routed under the remaining seat and up to the outside connector. Or maybe do both sides! Use your original connection for the bathroom/shower and my idea for the kitchen. :wings::victory::wings:
For sure that's what I'm doing. Anyone see any problems?? I know it will waste a little hot water getting to the kitchen side. But the good thing is the exhaust pipe is on the passenger rear so if you need to run the motor a bit it won't be in the middle of food area. AND we don't have to work around the tailgate.

Interesting idea. It makes sense to have water piped near the tailgate area. This is one reason why I have not ordered the AT water storage, bladder, pump, etc. until I can shake out how to get something near the tailgate. What I envision is a similar concept but routing a hose between the right rear cabinet that mounts next to the combo fridge/stove slideout and the wheel well (there is a small gap there that seems like it would work) to get a water connection near the tailgate tray table. I think the AT water pump switch is up near the front so you still need to get past the tailgate for that unless you mount the on/off switch (or a second one) in back as well. I have an aftermarket muffler which exhausts on the left so having a hose connection on the right works for me if I decide to use the AT heat exchanger method to heat water, plus I could plug it in and get water to something sitting on the tailgate tray table or over to the stove since it's not much further. I am also contemplating just using the Coleman Hot Water on Demand setup right on top of the right drawer slideout as a propane alternative, but still need to get the water line near the unit - I am leaning in this direction initially. Bottom line, I like your idea of a rear hose bib either side depending on your specific needs whether or not the water heater is purchased. Add a rear switch and you have everything handy to pump water to the business area of the AT JK Habitat!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior