5th gen RAM AEV

Explorerinil

Observer
The rear bumper looks like garbage to me.

It’s literally an AEV JK bumper for a Ram and doesn’t match the aesthetics of the truck.

I’m still not convinced they are going to make it. 2 years they’ve been showing it and it’s still not here. Either way, I’d go for a Thuren rear bumper or the Expedition One (which also has its own issues)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
After all the exp1 horror stories I won’t do business with them, did Don get his rear bumper out yet? I’ve heard good things about the aluminess rear bumper.

chet6.7

Explorer
After all the exp1 horror stories I won’t do business with them, did Don get his rear bumper out yet? I’ve heard good things about the aluminess rear bumper.
Good decision about exp1.
The Aluminess rear bumper is not problem free,you will have to wade through some posts on SMB,the info on Aluminess failures is mixed in.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Yea. They’ve been posting on Instagram a lot. The Ram has the rear bumper we saw last year, new badges, and new sides for the factory fogs on the bumper as well as the larger bull bar.

Oh, AEV branded lights too.

Edit: Just checked Facebook. They are showing intercooler protection as well. If this isn’t available for the 2014+ trucks, I’m going to blow a gasket.

24b628c33d08524971f80b72b10b2f52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
I like my Aluminess rear bumper on my 2018. But I only paid $900 for it. unfortunately the jerry can holder box is garbage. Its already cracking and breaking. I'll make my own soon though.

The stupid trasharoo is always trying to fall off my 35" tall spare though.

73128073_10156842075430028_8972455675145748480_o.jpg

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
Yea. They’ve been posting on Instagram a lot. The Ram has the rear bumper we saw last year, new badges, and new sides for the factory fogs on the bumper as well as the larger bull bar.

Oh, AEV branded lights too.

Edit: Just checked Facebook. They are showing intercooler protection as well. If this isn’t available for the 2014+ trucks, I’m going to blow a gasket.

24b628c33d08524971f80b72b10b2f52.jpg

From the aevRJ on the AEV Forum:
Unfortunately I don't have a definitive answer about backwards compatibility for any component of the RAM front bumper (including the brush guard). It's definitely being discussed. It's obviously in our best interests for our products to work on as many vehicles as possible, but there's always limitations (this is why I'm not an engineer). I will be sure to tell everyone I can about the high levels of interest we're getting on social media and the forum.

ttengineer

Adventurer
All the photos they’ve posted on Social Media about ordering a 5thgen show it with a rear bumper. And I’m almost positive that AEV has said publicly that it will work on the 4th gens.

But they will cover turn key trucks before they do any for aftermarket. Per usual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger