Partner Stoves?

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I previously had an 18" but from a post on MUD from a guy that just went with the 22" it looks like more room for group cooking :).

5/16" steel flush style nut-serts with SS knurled adjusters. I added a little aqua seal to the bottom of the adjuster feet just in case things get slippery ;). All sourced from MMC (McMaster-Carr). I did run a die down the adjusters to get flush threads so the adjusters sit flush in storage.

Attachments

• Partner Stove Adj Feet.jpg
    Partner Stove Adj Feet.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 1,265

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
I previously had an 18" but from a post on MUD from a guy that just went with the 22" it looks like more room for group cooking :).

5/16" steel flush style nut-serts with SS knurled adjusters. I added a little aqua seal to the bottom of the adjuster feet just in case things get slippery ;). All sourced from MMC (McMaster-Carr). I did run a die down the adjusters to get flush threads so the adjusters sit flush in storage.

Outstanding!!! Thanks for the information and photograph.

bucketosudz

Explorer
Thanks Spressomon for the details and photo, as I have a Partner Steel stove on my list of future purchases. This is a value added modification, looks very clean and function able to boot.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Thanks Spressomon for the details and photo, as I have a Partner Steel stove on my list of future purchases. This is a value added modification, looks very clean and function able to boot.

You're welcome! This mod seems, at first, maybe unnecessary but, assuming you're more than the boiling water type, you'll never own a stove again without them!

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
You guys ain't kiddin about the quality and heft of this stove. I think I could use it as a baseplate for my Hi Lift while lifting my Power Wagon and have no problems! I showed it to my kids and said, "Well, this will be yours someday"... :)

dags

Adventurer
what is the cooker like on low. Worst thing about the current cooker i have is you can not get the burners to go low enough.

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
The Partner stoves do have a reputation for being a little touchy for low heat cooking, but I haven't found mine to be too bad. However, I do carry a flame tamer in my kitchen box for when I want to simmer something really low.

You can almost always find a way to tame a hot stove down for delicate cooking, but if you've got a weak burner there's not much you can do to speed up the time to boil that big pot of water.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Another shameless plug for Partner Steel Co.: I bought my dual burner 22" with windscreen directly from PSC. Their stoves come with a 5' propane hose set-up. I have a propane tank mounted on my bumper and preferred a longer hose to the stove so most often I don't need to remove the tank...but I didn't think about it at the time of order placement.

So I called PSC and spoke to Bill Roskelley and he offered to make me a 15' hose with the special schrader type valve end and credit me for the 5' hose to be sent back...I had it two days later!

UPR_TAC

Just ordered a Partner Steel stove.

The 22" model with windscreen.

Talked to Bill when I ordered direct. He mentioned that the 22" stove comes standard with extra grill bars to reduce spacing. Which it did.

They had the stove in stock, he said it would ship that day. Arrived at my door 2 days later.

Killer looking stove, going to fire it up this weekend. Welds are very well done.

I could not be happier with the fit and finish.

I happily paid more for the USA built stove vs. the other stoves that come from China.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles