Partner Stoves?

UPR_TAC

Just ordered a Partner Steel stove.

The 22" model with windscreen.

Talked to Bill when I ordered direct. He mentioned that the 22" stove comes standard with extra grill bars to reduce spacing. Which it did.

They had the stove in stock, he said it would ship that day. Arrived at my door 2 days later.

Killer looking stove, going to fire it up this weekend. Welds are very well done.

I could not be happier with the fit and finish.

I happily paid more for the USA built stove vs. the other stoves that come from China.

Fired it up this weekend, worked perfectly. Going camping next weekend and will be trying it out then.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Has anyone had issues with a burner not flowing gas? Mine worked great for this past week and then all of a sudden the right burner has a seriously restricted flow. (Partner 18") Is there something I can fix myself, like easy like.?

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
The only thing that will do that is a blocked jet. Propane is a dirty fuel and if a piece of dirt lodges in the jet it will stop the flow of gas.

The jets are located behind where the burners attach. Lift out the grill and burners and you'll see them. They are located in front of the controls.

Take a very fine piece of wire, the "G" string from a guitar works well and gently clean out the hole in the jet.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Awesome thanks!! Everyone one my tree planting crew loved my stove. It was windy as ^&% at times and it never had any issues staying lit! Very impressive.

DontPanic42

Adventurer
I pack a pocket gun cleaning kit with my stoves. Several sizes of brushes and diameters of stiff wire take care of most problems with plugged jets. spider webs, or other critters that may decide to make a home in your stove.

BIGGUY

Adventurer
A set of tip cleaners for Oxy/Acetyline torches work good for cleaning small things like that too.

41EJLTr13DL.jpg
[/IMG]

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Has anyone had issues with a burner not flowing gas? Mine worked great for this past week and then all of a sudden the right burner has a seriously restricted flow. (Partner 18") Is there something I can fix myself, like easy like.?

I had the same thing happen to me. I just removed the jet, cleaned it and let propane run for a second or two to blow out anything that might still be in the system from the new tank. Has not skipped a beat,and this will be the last stove you will buy.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Not sure if running an inline propane filter at the tank is or isn't compatible with high pressure systems but that might be something to consider given they're less than $10. Mr. Buddy heaters require them...

gonejeeping15

Adventurer
F.Y.I.
After receiving my (18") stove from Adventure Trailers Fri. I gave Partner steel a call, they said they would add in th extra grill bars above the burner as long as I paid the shipping.

w6jds

DontPanic42

Adventurer
A set of tip cleaners for Oxy/Acetyline torches work good for cleaning small things like that too.

41EJLTr13DL.jpg
[/IMG]

Good tip. Beats the pile of loose pieces of wire I have been carrying. I picked up a set of tip cleaners at Tractor Supply this AM

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
Has anybody ever had issues threading the hose into the stove? Lately mine has become very finicky when trying to tighten it down. I can get it started a turn or so but becomes very 'gummy' so to speak. I know I'm not cross threading and the threads look clean w/o any marring. Sometimes I can tighten by hand, other times it's too tight and I have to remove and rethread. Any ideas or suggestions?

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I lube the rubber o-ring on the hose side with a little dab of silicone grease or spit whichever is most handy at the time I think about it :). That does the trick.

Sawyer

Adventurer
Sorry to revive an old thread. But, I just picked up my first Partner stove (time to get rid of my Snow Peak Baja Burner). I ordered the 22" model and it came in a couple days like everyone else. If you have one you know.... If you dont... Well time to join the club!

Question for those that have one and have used it. How hot does the bottom get? I have a new chuck box that is wood. Would it be ok to sit it on the wood? Or, I have one of the REI kitchens http://www.rei.com/product/765279/rei-camp-kitchen that the center is metal. Would it be best to put it on that? Thanks guys!

Oh... I have McMaster-Carr open right now ordering the Spresso mod.....

Honu

lost on the mainland
curious why the snow peak baja did not work out for you ? did you need two burners or ??

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Sorry to revive an old thread. But, I just picked up my first Partner stove (time to get rid of my Snow Peak Baja Burner). I ordered the 22" model and it came in a couple days like everyone else. If you have one you know.... If you dont... Well time to join the club!

Question for those that have one and have used it. How hot does the bottom get? I have a new chuck box that is wood. Would it be ok to sit it on the wood? Or, I have one of the REI kitchens http://www.rei.com/product/765279/rei-camp-kitchen that the center is metal. Would it be best to put it on that? Thanks guys!

Oh... I have McMaster-Carr open right now ordering the Spresso mod.....

I've had mine on a wooden picnic table before... it doesn't seem to transfer that much heat, or enough to scorch the wood.

I'll bite... what is the "McMaster-Carr Spresso mod?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles