Partner Stoves?

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Where is the best place to purchase "Partner" steel stoves? My current broken down Brunton has cooked it's last meal I'm afraid.

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Another source, one that I have had good luck with.

Cheaper than the one sold by AT. But has less BTU's.

AT sells a "Cook Partner steel stove" while River Connection sells a "Partner Steel stove"

http://www.riverconnection.com/burner-partner-steel-camping-stove-with-wind-screen-p-26.html

Both of these stoves are made by the same manufacturer. AT sells the 18" model. Unless you're using smaller 1 or 2 liter pots, the 18" is the one to get...you won't regret it and it will last you a lifetime.

Roy

It doesn't seem as though they offer direct to the public sales thru that site. Also many products can be purchased less expensively thru dealers than directly from the maker. This is done by the manufacturer to protect their important dealers

I just gave them a call when I picked up my single burner. They were very nice, and the stove arrived very quickly. I don't recall their price for the 18", but I remember it being comparable to their retailers.

shogun

Adventurer
It doesn't seem as though they offer direct to the public sales thru that site. Also many products can be purchased less expensively thru dealers than directly from the maker. This is done by the manufacturer to protect their important dealers

Yep, give em a call. I ordered a "custom" which is not on their website; 22", extra bars over burners. Had it in 3 days, no fuss, no muss.

STREGA

Explorer
:chef: I have bought 2 from Martyn @ AT (1 was for my brother, after he saw mine he had to have one also). On my internet search they were all about the same price, I got mine from AT because I wanted to support them because they support us (thanks AT for the offroad trailering class I took at the first Overland Expo!). Kanz outdoor kitchen is a dealer also for Partner Stove and his price was lower, but after seeing the Overland Journal test on kitchens it looks like it doesnt have the lid/windscreen which I think is a good thing to have.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Lets talk product quality here, and lets talk margins.

Partner Steel makes the best propane stove I have ever seen or used. In the seven years we have sold them there has been one issue with their stove. A blocked jet that needed to be cleared with a thin piece of wire, the repair was done in the field. I'll tell everyone again, this is the last stove you'll ever buy.

On the margins side, there is very little to be made in these stoves. From a business stand point it doesn't make sense selling them. If I was to account for all the time spent including them on or web site, our web store, phone calls to them to place orders, time to pack and ship them we are lucky to break even.

So why sell them? Apart from being the last stove you'll ever buy, did I already say that? :sombrero: Partner Steel as a company does a lot of the same things we do. They believe in making durable products, they extensively test all of there product before selling them to the public, they are a small company who make their products in the USA, we know the craftsmen who make the stove and we are happy to support them.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Love our Partner Steel/Cook Partner stove...and you will too for a long, long time ;)

I wanted a padded nylon cover/case for it to keep it a little nicer over all the miles of dirt and washboard my rig seems to take me over :coffeedrink:

I looked high and low and behold Cabelas has a nicely padded soft case complete with heavy duty fabric and zippers...and available in two sizes (sorry I can't find my note where I wrote down the dimensions after calling their customer service...) And they happen to be on sale too!

Just in case you want one too: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cast...mp+stove+bag&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products

I bought the 3-burner model for my dual burner 22" Cook Partner...and it fits with room to spare.

Another little mod I did to mine: With the help of 4) nutserts I installed leg levelers at each corner. I did this to my old Coleman and its super handy for getting the stove leveled when the table or tailgate isn't ;)

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
OK so I hope I don't regret ordering the listed 18" vrs the "unlisted" 22". I often use multiple pots, or a pan and cleanig water at the same time but I am also trying to declutter and reduce the size of a lot of my camping stuff. Either way I do appriciate quality stuff and look foward to using a stove that won't break on my like my last two. :)

bucketosudz

Explorer
Another little mod I did to mine: With the help of 4) nutserts I installed leg levelers at each corner. I did this to my old Coleman and its super handy for getting the stove leveled when the table or tailgate isn't ;)

Thanks for posting this, simple but swell idea! I could have used this a few times myself, as some of the picnic tables we have used in the past were less than flat, and rocks work but this would be much more pleasant. Could you post a picture of your mods? and post what size nutserts you used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne