Sweden

yelly

I went Sweden last year and i stayed there in a hotel named Scandic Nykoping City located in Nykoping, Sweden. The fact is that that was a pleasent hotel and the rooms are not big but they are well furnished. The bathrooms are also awesome there. Enjoyed a lot there.

boo471

Adventurer
Another swede here! Living in North Carolina since 2010. But starting to miss the Swedish wilderness and want to explore more of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Another swede here! Living in North Carolina since 2010. But starting to miss the Swedish wilderness and want to explore more of it.

Tapatalk
From what I saw of southern Sweden, it reminded me a lot of Michigan's Upper Peninsula. A lot of Swedes settled here (including my great grandparents.

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
I am from Sweden, southern part Malmoe

152596012.jpg

155814900.jpg

152458494.jpg

Malin

Yes, Teddy, as you know a am från Sweden, Sthlm and now Vasteras :)
I have found this forum right now and it looks really nice and informative.
I hope I see you soon! :)

n4585k

Another one here in Stockholm. Although I'm half Dutch, half Maltese and live in Stockholm half of the year. Driving a D90 with Dutch license plates. Planning on driving to Sälen end of this month for some exploring and roof top camping. The Stockholm crowd should meet up for a beer sometime!

Thomas_ZA

Reviving this thread....

My wife and I will be travelling around Sweden and Norway from the second half of June this year until early July. We will be swinging by Vaxjo (for a quick business meeting) and then work our way North. Some places on the route will be Huskvarna, Motala and then towards Stockholm. From stockholm we are planning to go up to the general area of Stromsund (inspired by http://www.wildernessroad.eu. Also on the list, perhaps on the way to Norway from Stromsund, we'll be driving the Flatruetvägen which I stumbled onto onhttp://www.dangerousroads.org

I would appreciate some hints and tips as to nice camping spots in the general areas that we'll be visiting, if you have some GPS co-ordinates to share etc. Also, from the Swedish members, some advice on a decent campsite in or close to Stockholm. SWMBO and I would like to spend a day or two in Stokholm. She accommodates me on some of the routes I like travelling, and I pay in kind by visiting cities :)

We'll be travelling with our Land Rover Discovery 2 with rooftop tent and would try to spend as many nights as possible wildcamping, and only visiting a campsite proper once every three or four days.

Thanks in advance

Thomas

Globatrol

Observer
Revival

Hi there,

Great idea reviving this thread, my partner and I are heading into some of the same areas over roughly the same period this year so any info provided here would really help us out as well!

We intend meeting some other travellers in Norway for the summer solstice but I'm not sure where this is taking place as yet!!

Might see you on the road

cheers - Justin

www.globatrol.com

nilz

Hi!
Another Swede here,
Im from the town of Vaxjo!
My wife and i started taking trips around southern Sweden about two years ago.
Do to circumstances we could only take oneday trips but that is going to change this year
We are getting a RTT and are plannng a Norway trip this summer

Some pics to be found on our FB page https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009097979017

P.s Does enyone know were to get Expedition portal stickers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles