Knife thread

Funny that I come to a forum looking for a new adventure in life and I find this !
Hi everyone this is my first post to this forum, I was actually looking for a place for an intro and to ask questions about truck campers !
I've been making knives for close to two decades, some great looking knives in this thread.

PETER PETRAKIEV

Adventurer
These are beautiful! Do you have a blog or videos of how you make this stuff? Not trying to learn, but I love seeing this type of handiwork. I would also be interested if you every sold any of it although not sure how shipping would work from where you are.

I do not have a blog or video channel.
I'm just an amateur with a lot of enthusiasm,
.... and many friends, blacksmiths, engravers, jewelers, and others.
I'm from Bulgaria. No forwarding company wants to deliver a knife to USA.
.... :)

20.jpg 21.jpg

22.jpg 23.jpg

24.jpg 25.jpg

26.jpg 27.jpg

28.jpg

Modeler

W1DCS
Been quite in here for the last couple of months. I finally tried making my first one from a prepared blank kit. Bocote scales on a 3-1/8" skinner.

Not a bad first attempt I guess.
AqyA6JH.jpg

Second attempt will be a 6-1/8" Tanto blade with Pau Ferro (Bolivian Rosewood) scales.

Shooter235

I have become rather fond of the Morakniv companion. It was recommended to me as a good first fixed blade for my son. At less than 20 bucks I ordered myself one as well. It is a super bang for the buck chore knife. Great carbon or stainless steel, comfortable handles, have held up as well as my ESEE.

robert

Expedition Leader
Been quite in here for the last couple of months. I finally tried making my first one from a prepared blank kit. Bocote scales on a 3-1/8" skinner.

Not a bad first attempt I guess.
AqyA6JH.jpg

Second attempt will be a 6-1/8" Tanto blade with Pau Ferro (Bolivian Rosewood) scales.

Looks better than my first couple of attempts. I still have issues getting my scales symmetrical and I'm about to give up on grinds and just use pre-made blanks.

Modeler

W1DCS
Thanks Robert. I gave it to my brother-in-law as a Christmas gift and it was well received.

I had to make my own scales from a 1.5" x 1.5" x 6" block of cocobolo as I needed scales longer than 5" for the Tanto I'm working on. Took forever to get the scales the same thickness. Need more time to work on it though.

Peneumbra2

Badger Wrangler
SOG Kiku assisted opening knife

Picked up one of these recently: Elegantly curved AUS-8 blade, length 4.5", Micarta handles, spring-operated opening assist, robust and well-finished. The edge has stayed very sharp after about a week's worth of using it for a variety of cutting tasks. Runs about $140 and seems worth it.:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles