What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

tweenerlj

Adventurer
Worked on rebuilding my rear axle truss

1519154756.13310600.jpg

comptiger5000

Adventurer
Bought it a new ($$$) set of headers and figured I might as well re-do the rest of the kinda janky exhaust while I'm in there. A whole bunch of rain kept me from getting the engine skid on it before I wheeled it last weekend. And due to that lack of skid, I smashed the y-pipe almost totally shut on one side and bent the driver's side header back about 2 inches so it's rubbing on the front pinion yoke. That was an expensive mistake for my laziness...

ultraclyde

Observer
Did a compression check and leakdown test chasing my worsening idle miss. Both showed the engine to be in decent shape if not great. And didn't explain the miss. the search continues...

Knocked over a gallon of milk in the front passenger seat, DOH!

Got home and sopped it up with a damp towel, threw a bunch of baking soda on it. Today had the detailer come to the shop and clean the seat.

I'll check it out tomorrow when it's dry all the way, might get a new set of upholstery for the front. Doesn't even have 2000 miles on it yet. I've gotten rid of cars for smaller stains haha.

TxSt

Not today but over the past week finished the fridge slide I copied from another member's build here; as well as modified stock battery try to accommodate larger battery. Need to run wires from rear of jeep and clean up wires around battery and we should be good to go. edit*can never figure out how to get pictures the right way20180211_175647.jpg20180211_175647.jpg

pulled the wheels on the jeep, painted the hubs/axles black, added hubcentric rings and a set of lug nuts that all matched.

before
IMG_0211-L.jpg

after
IMG_0210-L.jpg

then i wasn't happy with the wheel weights, so i ordered a bunch of smaller ones, removed the big ones that didnt follow the contour of the wheel, and replaced them with the same amount of weight, centered on the same spot, but with smaller weights that match the curve of the wheel better. id already lost one of the big weights. before ya say "paint the weights black" not gunna happen, i wanted silver weights. a bunch of em.

before
IMG_0213-L.jpg

after
IMG_0214-L.jpg

Last edited:

HAFICON

Adventurer
Added a Factor 55 splicer thimble to my new Superwinch line. Used their Fast Fid worked great easy 5 minute job.

IMG_6143.jpg

IMG_6151.jpg

IMG_6155.jpg

harv3589

Adventurer
Installed a set of the JW Speaker headlights finally and can see at night now.

Ripped out all the carpet and installed the Bed Rug Vinyl floor kit. Really like it and cleans it up nice.

Last edited:

comptiger5000

Adventurer
Re-did the whole exhaust on the ZJ. I still need to sort out a minor floor pan clearance issue with one of the mufflers, but that should be easy enough. And I'd like to get the end of the tailpipe tucked up a bit tighter. Other than that, it came together nicely. It's tucked up good and tight to the floor pans (lowest point on the mufflers / pipes is about 1.5 inches below the "frame rails").

Best part is, it's quiet. A bit quieter than the previous setup (which was a cat, a resonator and a large 5x11x22 Magnaflow muffler). New stuff is a cat and 2 medium size Magnaflow mufflers in series (a 4x9x18 and a 4x9x14). The bit of drone the old setup had is totally gone. It's as quiet as stock inside. From the outside, it's stock-ish volume or a hair quieter (compared to stock 5.9 ZJ exhaust) at idle, pretty quiet under load too. But it sounds good. I'll have to grab a video at some point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles