What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

GCWJ

Last weekend...not this past one but the one before, the plan was:

Valve cover gaskets
Heater core
Evap core
Thermostat
Coolant flush

What got done:
Thermostat
Coolant CHANGE (not flush)
Swearing
Tweaked back dumping coolant bottle when used coolant bucket wouldn't open

Sigh. If anyone wants to do my heater core for beer, that's what I can afford. I'll do the valve covers if you can get all that crap off the passenger cover...

99 Grand Cherokee v8. Upshot: ac was not leaking, evap core fine. Downside: it's leaking NOW...

HAFICON

Adventurer
I had a shop do the alignment and they didn't put any on for some reason...it kinda made me a little upset, for this reason. I always use anti-seize on everything that is going to eventually come back apart, and doesn't require loc-tite.

The shock boots is an interesting thought also...I plan to anti-seize the interal section HEAVILY, and then paint the threads on the exposed control arm to hopefully prevent too much rust.

I have had really good luck using anti seize in making new wiring connections. I always solder wiring, smear on some anti seize and heat shrink. The anti seize lase where electrical grease seem to break down over time.. Just another use for this great stuff......

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
Started modification; removable fitment of an a Masterflow air compressor into a .30 caliber/7.62 ammo can (for later inclusion under the TJ hood).

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Lucky j

Explorer
Sadly installed the hard top.

It was this time of year again when the soft top was on more than it was off. To to me, back to hard top before the snow falls in.

Soon, the snow plow will also be install and if mother nature does her thing, then 25 feet of snow until next april. :)

tpreston

Installed a transmission cooler on my 2010 JKU. It was the mopar unit and it was a pain getting to the fittings for the lines. Worth the effort though as my temps have dropped from 200+ in normal driving to about 170.

stomperxj

Explorer
Finally got my disc swapped D44 under my XJ last weekend.

4.10's, Exploder calipers and backing plates, ZJ rotors, Detroit Truetrac

KwaT2Bo.jpg

Last edited:

HAFICON

Adventurer
Got my OBA system out back together just to find out my compressor is not working, I have the Viair 450c thinking about going to an ARB.
C6ADEA6E-A680-4CCF-81F6-F395227A077B.jpg

Stoked

Observer
Replaced the oil pressure sending unit in my 2014 JKU. Boy, they really tucked it down in there!!

I finally got around to replacing mine. Drove with the CE light on for a lot longer than I would like to admit, but I expected this to take more than one evening to do and I have no back-up vehicle to drive. Took me 4 hours start to finish, including a 30 minute break for supper.

Mitch502

Explorer
Got my adjustable control arms for the rear diff in. Now I need to swap the transfer case with the sye and put my axle back in and I'll be done for awhile... Well, at least with the big stuff

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Last month I removed the Freedon Panels and installed the Besttop Sunrider front covertible top. When we did we had to remove our grab handles. This irritated my 4'11" wife so she ordered a pair of Stienjaeger grab handles and a set of Kargo Master steps for getting up and unzipping the RTT. She's the best! JM Handle.jpgKM step A.jpgKM Step B.jpg

Smokeman

In the past couple of weeks I installed some items I’ve been accumulating. These include a Teraflex S/T single rate quick disconnect sway bar, an Ultimate Dana 44 front axle with e-locker, ARB rear locker, rock trac 4:1 transfer case, Advance Adapters transfer case shift cable, an Adams front driveshaft, and an SPOD. I also put in some leather seats from a Sahara and wired up the seat heaters.

The past couple weekends have been very busy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94