What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

ultraclyde

Observer
Set out to replace the radiator and add some recovery points. Found out the water pump was leaking. Removed half the front of the 318 to get the waterpump and thermostat off. New one should be going on tonight.

Beefed up the aftermarket radiator support/ recovery points to handle 3/4 shackles and reinforced the unibody where it bolts in. While installing it I found the front control arm bushings are hashed. Ordered new control arms.

Cut the old rattling muffler off and prepped to put the new one on. While under there I found the tailshaft on my tcase has enough play init I can wiggle it a little. Guess that's next on the list....

rynTf2Cm.jpg

MhFKREhm.jpg

S21zi65m.jpg

absg99rm.jpg

zg0kCz9m.jpg

oqkxRstm.jpg

yekavbJm.jpg

I'm going to have a new ZJ eventually...

ratled

Adventurer
Finally finished off the Rigid Industries Ignite back up lights. Just a quick cell phone shot of how bright these little things are

ratled

3.jpg

PCO6

Adventurer
I made a cup holder for my Cherokee XJ ... because I can't go on trips without coffee! Hard to believe they didn't come with one.

picture.php

PCO6

Adventurer
Thanks. My goal was to retain full access to the hand brake and the small amount of storage in that part of the console ... and to not drill any big holes that I would regret later! :coffee:

EDIT: I should have added that it's held in place by industrial strength Velcro. It's solid and vibration free. The cups, which are actually ash trays, are screwed into a piece of oak underneath the metal. I've since painted it satin black and it blends in nicely.

picture.php

Last edited:

HAFICON

Adventurer
Ordered a Superwinch Tigershark 9500 really wanted the 11,500 it is only 140$ more. But really the 9500 is more than enough for my JKU.

ratled

Adventurer
Jim not yet but I will now. See my sig for the link. It is a factory 10A rear.

EDIT: Its up on the build thread now

ratled

Last edited:

rho

Lost again
Finally got around to yanking out the interior and putting some bed-liner in the tub of the JKU. Tons of work, but it should be worth it. Second coat goes on tomorrow AM.

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
Finally got around to replacing all of the interior factory bulbs with LED. Wow what a difference.....Pics to follow when its dark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles