What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

XJSuperman

OhIOWAn
I think it's meant to be an overlanding style build. Not a rock crawler, not a mud truck, but something solid for both on and off road use that will be able to supply you while camping or roadtripping.

Charles R

Adventurer
Installed new upper control arms and an inner tie rod. But I think i also have a damaged steering rack, from a shock that's over extending.

kentoe

Observer
I got some lights hooked up to the Gobi rack on the front lightbar now!

Pro-tip for Gobi Rack Stealth owners: Make sure you check the measurements for your LED lights height before installing/ordering them. The stealth rack only accommodates 3 inches of space for a light up and down. Originally I had ordered 4 nilight Amazon specials (like the rear), but they didn't fit. Ended up ordering these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A6TNWHW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They fit great! I like the look of them, not over powering looking and really sleek looking on the rack. Definitely looking more complete after being pretty empty looking with no rear lights / front lights over the year.

Man it's nice having nice bright lights consider how awful the stock headlights are! You can see everything with them now.

i-RRvC3Ct-X3.jpg

Wasn't sure where I was going to put the wiring, but it sort of is just sitting behind the wind deflector at the moment. Hoping that will be fine. All in a wire loom and taped some parts of it. All heat shrink and crimped underneath:

i-24r8nXw-X3.jpg

i-sSZtwkD-X3.jpg

i-Z9rrVQg-X3.jpg

i-Hdn88S8-X3.jpg

I also ended up mounting the quickfists that I had sitting around forever. Trimmed the bar mount hardware as well as the metal strand that goes around the bar so I can throw the shovel I had up there.

i-f7LkSvv-X3.jpg

Modeler

W1DCS
New sneakers on the LJ this morning. Cooper Discoverer Stt Pro in 35x12.5.15.

Initial impressions are that they are significantly quieter than the worn MT/R Kevlars that were on there, I can hear the radio without cranking it up to 11 on the highway at 65 now. I think they are quieter than the MT/Rs were when they were new.

xHk7luw.jpg

A3RWUme.jpg

GCWJ

Driveway alignment and new steering
3eaa1ae4197626c20deef4495173a3d1.jpg

I did the same thing to my wife's Jeep this weekend. No fancy parts, but due to Minnesota rust she's got new tie rods and damper, and also did the ball joints.

I couldn't unscrew the rod ends from the sleeve. After 3 hours of heat and hammers and pb blaster, she got new sleeves too.

Mine will be the expo and needs rods too.

Mitch502

Explorer
Driveshaft fell out at about 50mph. Managed to come to a near complete stop before it slid all the way off the diff yoke. Looks like the driveshaft holes were stretched somehow (maybe from me???) and one of the retaining clips came out, resulting in the cap coming off...and you can figure out the rest.

I made another driveshaft (cut down a ZJ shaft) but I'm getting some vibes due to the angle of the dangle with how the 8.8 was welding (I must have been a couple degrees off, joy). Looks like I'm buying a hack n' tap, swapping the tcase output shaft from my current t-case to the 4 cyl's 231, and making my own driveshaft (I have a spare XJ front shaft in the garage)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94