Warn Industries Supports Expedition Portal

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Warn,

How about some info and pics on your new thimbleless and hookless rope thingy you just released.

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
Warn,

How about some info and pics on your new thimbleless and hookless rope thingy you just released.

0004417_epic-sidewinder-black-100770.jpeg

You bet. This is the WARN Sidewinder. It's forged 6061-T6 billet aluminum and replaces your hook and is available in black, gunmetal, or polished finishes. It has a forged steel pin at the end. We have an optional polyurethane isolator to protect the pin, too (in black or red).
  • Replaces winch’s hook and shackle to provide faster, easier, more direct link to recovery point and rigging accessories
  • Quickly attaches to most bumper recovery points, D-ring shackles, recovery straps, rope extensions, and soft shackles
  • Directly attaches to bumper D-ring mount tabs with at least 1-3/8” clearance from face to center hole
  • Corrosion, impact, salt, weather, and UV-resistant for long-lasting good looks
  • Body made from ultra-durable forged 6061-T6 billet aluminum; screw pin is forged steel
  • Optional polyurethane isolator prevents debris from damaging pin shaft and is available in black or red.
  • Compatible for winches up to 18,000 lbs.; minimum 64,000 lb. ultimate breaking strength
In the photo below, you can see how it can be used for a multi-line pull back to an eyelet; it goes directly to the bumper, no shackle needed.

0004348_epic-sidewinder-black-100770.jpeg

- Andy

chet6.7

Explorer
Your website needs work,make it easy to use.
anomaly-detected.png

SoTxAg06

You bet. This kit is only available in black powder-coated finish, FYI:

Bracket kit: 103008
Winch Mount Plate (for mid-frame winches): 88240
Grille Guard Kit: 103009
Light Bar Kit: 80143
Receiver Kit: 80149

- Andy

Great, thanks! Any pictures on a 2019+?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edlaffoon

Adventure Every Day
So I have a new Sidewinder sitting and waiting to go on the truck. The issue is the winch hook that is on the rope I have is the permanently affixed type, it was installed at the factory as the eyelet was installed. Is my best option just to cut it off with an angle grinder or something? I've been too lazy to do it lol.

Part looks awesome though, excited to replace the old hook.

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
857979E4-73E6-48A5-A157-07998B1C9F53.jpeg
How do you guys do it that live in the rust belt? I always have to drill the heads off of the cap screws on my Warn "premiums" to get them off and I live where there's hardly any rust issues...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier