Warn Industries Supports Expedition Portal

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
A11DDA6A-1CFD-4E10-A598-A55F68FC09CF.jpeg

Newer hub on the left, older one on the right. When did the premiums go from brass centers to Chinesium pot metal?

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I'm comparing the Warn Zeon 10-S vs the 12-S. The specs for both say they are running 3/8' rope. However, the 10s says it comes with 100' while the 12s says 80'.

I thought this might be due to a different drum. However, when I look at the parts list from the exploded view in each's PDF manual, they show the same part number for the drum kit.

What is the difference? Is there a typo and the 12s comes with 7/16" rope, or some other explanation?

wanabxtrm

Observer
@ Warn... any idea when the new Ford Superduty Tremor with factory Warn winch will be available? Or if you’ll be releasing a kit to retrofit them into existing?

thanks!

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
I'm comparing the Warn Zeon 10-S vs the 12-S. The specs for both say they are running 3/8' rope. However, the 10s says it comes with 100' while the 12s says 80'.

I thought this might be due to a different drum. However, when I look at the parts list from the exploded view in each's PDF manual, they show the same part number for the drum kit.

What is the difference? Is there a typo and the 12s comes with 7/16" rope, or some other explanation?

I dug into this a little. Both winches use 3/8" rope. The ZEON 12-S uses stronger Spydura Pro; the ZEON 10-S uses standard Spydura. (The ZEON 12-S has a different motor, too.) If you wanted 100' of Spydura Pro on a 12-S, we offer that as a separate item. (Part 96040) I am told the Spydura Pro is a bit

@ Warn... any idea when the new Ford Superduty Tremor with factory Warn winch will be available? Or if you’ll be releasing a kit to retrofit them into existing?

thanks!

You'd have to contact your local Ford dealer or Ford Performance. We do not sell this part to consumers as it's a product we build for Ford.

Andy

Explorerinil

Observer

thanks!
It is available either as an option or through parts... I heard it’s available to buy now.

RedF

Adventurer
Hey Warn,

Can you advise if it's acceptable to mount a 9.5cti feet forward? I have an ARB bumper looking for a winch, and I have a 9.5cti looking for a home, as well as a 8274 (actually a 8074!) - but that certainly won't fit without cutting up the bumper.

Can you provide the pinout of this winch remote, I want to test it, but the remote isn't handy.

Attachments

• 20200607_191624_HDR.jpg
    20200607_191624_HDR.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 22
  • 20200607_192332_HDR.jpg
    20200607_192332_HDR.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
Hey Warn,

Can you advise if it's acceptable to mount a 9.5cti feet forward? I have an ARB bumper looking for a winch, and I have a 9.5cti looking for a home, as well as a 8274 (actually a 8074!) - but that certainly won't fit without cutting up the bumper.

Can you provide the pinout of this winch remote, I want to test it, but the remote isn't handy.

It's totally fine so long as the rope is still coming off the bottom of the drum.

Andy

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
FYI, I inquired about this because I was interested. The hubs haven't used brass since the 1960s/1970s. They were just brass colored.

Andy

Interesting Andy, all my axles are 80's vintage and the old hubs that I have all appear to be brass centers. Only a new set that I bought within the past few years appear to be something else.

All have had issues with the cap screws stripping out which cost me a set of hubs learning how to remove them without damaging the lockout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles