• Goblin Valley 19.jpg
    Goblin Valley 19.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Goblin Valley 21.jpg
    Goblin Valley 21.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 36

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
I have a steering issue I need to have help diagnosing. When I turn left, i feel a slight clunk. Then when I turn back to straight, the steering wheel does not center, it is turned slightly left. If I'm stopped, I turn the steering wheel all the way to the right and feel another clunk. Then the steering wheel will be centered. I have just changed my steering rack. The front feels so much better, but my clunking non-centering issue remains. What is your diagnosis, or a good shop in Utah that can fix the issue.

Last edited:

Watt maker

I have a steering issue I need to have help diagnosing. When I turn left, i feel a slight clunk. Then when I turn back to straight, the wheel does not center, it is turned slightly left. If I'm stopped, I turn the wheel back to the right and feel another clunck, and then the wheel will be centered. I have just changed my steering rack. The front feels so much better, but my clunking non-centering issue remains. What is your diagnosis, or a good shop in Utah that can fix the issue.

Sounds like the LCA cams are slightly loose. Get under there with a torque wrench and retorque them. I would also mark them in case they do move again.

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
The issue turned out to be a bad bushing in the new control arm. It actually allowed the control arm rear mount to shift. I finally saw it in action. My control arm was replaced for free and counted myself lucky and paid to have it reinstalled. I also found that the assembly nuts on top of my coil-overs were loose on both sides. I was on the elk hunt and really paying attention to the rattle and could tell that it coincided with the cycling of the suspension. So I got under my muddy truck and found those nuts to be loose. I tightened them about a 1/4 inch on each side. It feels like a new truck and is really nice to drive. Now I just have an occasional popping at full lock of my steering. I will just drive it until something breaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles