Baja to Lands End, 2005/06

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
blupaddler said:
This was a trip that will forever change my outlook on life and how I experience it.

Boy, that makes me smile :D I'm really happy that you made the most of the trip!!

:luxhello:

Scott Brady

Founder
Stephanie and I made it back to Phoenix, and to our puppy dogs. We are leaving for Prescott in a few hours.

It was a thrill to dive so deeply into Baja, and travel so many of the back roads. I now have several areas that I want to return to for a more detailed review.

I will post more details this afternoon.

Hopefully we can start seeing some picture posts soon :exclaim:

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Glad all is well and everyone made it home. Hope Vince has a safe journey back the 20th. My trip was just 6 days and it wore me out, you guys must all be exhausted!!!!

awalter

Expedition Portal Team, Overland Certified OC0003
I got back to San Diego on Sunday around 2 PM & have been working my butt off since.

Scott,
Another road you don't want to miss is the coast road from Las Barriles to San Juan de Los Planes, a 2 track shelf road along the cliffs, low range & air-down required.

Glad all are home safely.:arabia:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Cool to see our buddies rolling back in. Can't wait to hear the stories and see the pics!

awalter said:
Scott,
Another road you don't want to miss is the coast road from Las Barriles to San Juan de Los Planes, a 2 track shelf road along the cliffs, low range & air-down required.

I second that. One of my absolute favorite camp spots is along that road.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Welcome home everybody!!!! Glad to hear you are all well and had a good trip. I can't wait for the reports to start rolling in along with some pictures.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I'm sorry to see everyone coming back to "reality". Glad to hear you had a awesome trip (anxiously awaiting pics), but sad that it had to end. I know that Chuck, Brian (wolfsoul) and myself were not happy that we couldn't stay for a couple more years.....

{FWIW, we named our trip the "Life Sucks" trip......coming home really sucked. I'm sure all of you on the longer trip feel it even worse than we did}

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Welcome back all. I know you had a great time and have made me envious. I can;t wait for the day I can sell my buisness property, pay off all my stuff and have more time to devote to travelling.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
goodtimes said:
I know that Chuck, Brian (wolfsoul) and myself were not happy that we couldn't stay for a couple more years.....

That feeling would likely be tempered a bit come July :p

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
goodtimes said:
I'm sorry to see everyone coming back to "reality". Glad to hear you had a awesome trip (anxiously awaiting pics), but sad that it had to end. I know that Chuck, Brian (wolfsoul) and myself were not happy that we couldn't stay for a couple more years.....

{FWIW, we named our trip the "Life Sucks" trip......coming home really sucked. I'm sure all of you on the longer trip feel it even worse than we did}

I hear ya Brian. Every place we stayed, I could have stayed 2-3 days longer at each spot. Someday I'll have enough time off to go further south like these guys did. Farthest south I've been was Mulege and that was just for a day. I'm thinking that March 07 is going to be a big trip for me, I want to see my whales again and see the whole penninsula. That will be a 2-3 week trip. Want to start planning now? ;) I'd go this year, but the Brazil trip in June is a big time, vacation, and dollar drain for me.

How about we get this thread several pages long before the guys even start to post pictures? :p

Hey all,

Just landing---

WOW!!! What a trip!!!!! So much to share and basically we are still stunned by returning to the states and highways with shoulders;)

Will post a full report when we decompress~~~~

A trip of a lifetime:sunflower

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Welcome back all!

Having never been down Baja even a short distance I am verrrry envious of your expedition.:D

Perhaps I can do Baja sometime in the not-too-distant future with another group from this forum.

Ed

awalter

Expedition Portal Team, Overland Certified OC0003
Chuck,
I'll say hi for you, I'm heading back down around 1/20 to set up the Baja Discovery whale camp at Laguna San Ignacio. Work, work ,work it never stops.
:archaeolo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz