Baja to Lands End, 2005/06

Scott Brady

Founder
Quick update from San Ignacio. Great time so far!!! We are on our way to Santa Rosalia and then to Bahia Conception.

No problems, beautiful weather, grand adventure!

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Scott, nice to hear from you. Happy to hear you are all having a good time. Enjoy your new years celebration and we can't wait for the trip report when you all get back. Raise a glass for all of us that could not make this trip.:beer:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
You ain't kidding about that weather Scott! Chuck, myself, and a mutual friend just got back from a couple days down south. I think we were about a day behind you. We met up with Baja-xplorer and some of his buddies in Bahia De Los Angeles, but missed Chris and Sharon by a day. The weather was PERFECT until we got onto the toll road coming out of Ensanada, when we ran into fog/rain/mist/crap until we were east of Yuma. I'll start a different thread to as to leave yours unmolsted......enjoy the rest of your trip amigo!

Scott Brady

Founder
La Paz

I am sitting in the Hotel Perla, La Paz, Baja Sur.

Weather remains perfect, and we have travelled some of the most spectacular roads. We just completed a 160 mile+ off-highway trek through the mountains, seeing several remote missions.

Here are a few pictures. :campfire:

Attachments

• DSCF1310.JPG
    DSCF1310.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3438.JPG
    IMG_3438.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3467.JPG
    IMG_3467.JPG
    259.8 KB · Views: 91

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
You feel any of the earthquake this morning amigo?

Glad you're having fun, say hi to the crew. Our shorter trip went really well. :victory:

A magnitude 6.7 earthquake IN GULF OF CALIFORNIA has occurred at:
28.10N 112.07W Depth 10km Wed Jan 4 08:32:31 2006 UTC

Time: Universal Time (UTC) Wed Jan 4 08:32:31 2006
Time Near Epicenter Wed Jan 4 01:32:31 2006
Eastern Standard Time (EST) Wed Jan 4 03:32:31 2006
Central Standard Time (CST) Wed Jan 4 02:32:31 2006
Mountain Standard Time (MST) Wed Jan 4 01:32:31 2006
Pacific Standard Time (PST) Wed Jan 4 00:32:31 2006
Alaska Standard Time (AST) Tue Jan 3 23:32:31 2006
Hawaii Standard Time (HST) Tue Jan 3 22:32:31 2006

Location with respect to nearby cities:
90 km (55 miles) NNE of Santa Rosalia, Baja Calif. Sur, Mexico (pop 10,000)
115 km (70 miles) W of Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico (pop 97,000)
150 km (95 miles) SW of Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico (pop 545,000)
1620 km (1010 miles) NW of MEXICO CITY, D.F., Mexico

For maps, additional information, and subsequent updates,
please consult: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/

Scott Brady

Founder
A few more pictures

No, I didnt notice the earthquake. It would probably be hard to while driving at 40 mph on those corrugated roads :)

Here are a few more pictures...

We leave for Cabo, and the east cape today

Attachments

• IMG_3510.JPG
    IMG_3510.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_3576.JPG
    IMG_3576.JPG
    311.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3628.JPG
    IMG_3628.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_3696.JPG
    IMG_3696.JPG
    276.5 KB · Views: 142

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
:clapsmile Nice pics. Glad to hear you are still having great weather, and no troubles. Any luck finding a transfer pump for Robb? Did you make it out to Ballandra to camp? Have you slain any sizeable fishies yet?

:jumping:

articulate

Expedition Leader
expeditionswest said:
Quick update from San Ignacio. Great time so far!!! We are on our way to Santa Rosalia and then to Bahia Conception.

No problems, beautiful weather, grand adventure!
You've left out a very important detail that I'm dying to know....Did this happen?:
expeditionswest said:
1/1- In camp: Volunteer, LUNCH: Scott is going to try and kill fish for tacos

That would make a fine way to celebrate the New Year

Salud!
Mark :)

Scott Brady

Founder
We are on our way back north. We decided to drive the East Cape after Caba, and stayed east of San Jose del Cabo. Also stayed in a beautiful bay south of Loreto called ensenada blanca.

We are staying the night in San Ignacio, and then over to Gonzaga. Maybe see Alan if he is there.

Weather remains stellar.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
On your last day, as you pass through Ensenada, watch out for a cargo container ship stuck in a sandbar outside the port. It is really close to the beach and is one of those monster cargo ships. The captain messed up bigtime and they may not get it out of there for a few more weeks.

Have a safe trip north! :wavey:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Hi Scott, glad to hear the trip is going well :ylsmoke:

Allen and Diana are getting ready to head over to Africa, so you won't find them at PB.

Good luck with the rest of the trip!

:sunny:

CLynn85

Explorer
Sounds like ya'll are having a great time. Funny seein all them white taco's out there lol.

How are you communicating?

blupaddler

Conspirator
Well, I am home. :D

I got back in San Diego around 5pm or so. Surprised Cat with a VERY clean puppy dog, and sushi. For those of you, "in the know," I ended up not going to a friend's place. I also did not find a pump for my aux. tank. Everything was 5/16", I needed 3/8". Oh, well.

This was a trip that will forever change my outlook on life and how I experience it.

for now, I am going to bed.
oh, one last thing...what happened to the single-lane roads? These freeway things are HUGE!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior