Intro: JC & The Blue Marlin

Adventurer
Hello and a good day to you all! I have been lurking for a while now and I think is JUST the place for me. I'm interested in eventually taking my Disco on extended vehicle dependant trips in the near future. I would like to drive to my home country of Panama. I own a 1996 Discovery.

Mods so far are:
Scorpion Racing bumper with WARN 9.5XP
Viking Trail synth line and cable rolled up and stored in the back
Hydrolux Pencil | Spot beam lamps
IPF HD Headlamp loom
Equipe 4x4 V-shaped skid plate
Land Rover HD Springs - going to EHD soon
OME HD Shocks
RTE S/S Brake Lines
DBA Rotors / EBC Kevlar Pads
245/75 BFG MTs
Mantec Snorkel
Waterproofed Electronics
Extended reathers routed into the snorkel
Diff Guards

I've slowly but surely been turning this truck fro DD to DD/Weekend Warrior and now to Overlander.

P6020127.jpg

Adventurer
Oh yeah!...haha...My name is Juan Carlos but everyone calls me JC. And incase you're wondering about my truck's name...the name of the color is Avalon Blue and Marlin because wheelin in FL means driving through LOTs and LOTs and LOTs of water.

A little bit about myself...

I just moved up to Lawrenceville, GA. Been in Miami, FL all of my life and MAN o MAN am I missin the water right about now.

I'm an avid spearfisherman | freediver. I also enjoy Mtn. Biking. I'm a big Auto and Aircraft enthusiast but lover of all things with an engine in them.

Hope to eventually meet some of you guys at the events.

Last edited:

Dirty Harry

Adventurer
Nice looking Disco. I like the low key front bumper and the snorkle, which is a lot less obnoxious looking than most I have seen.

Adventurer
EEEHH Primo!! haha Gracias por la binevenida Jorge!

Harry, thanks for the comments! The low key look is what I was going for. It looks even better without the lights on there but since I dont have a rack to mount lights on I had to make a bracket to mount them up front. The Hydrolux lamps get the job done!

Besides looks, the BUMPER is DANG strong! Bolts up to the stock holes, and the brackets on the bumper extend futher back to the frame cross member. Has a piece down there that prevents it from rolling up or down. In addition, it comes with a spare set of brackets that hugs the bumper's mounting brackets with the frame...which bring it to a total of 8 bolts holding the bumper in place. While the US sees Scorpion as a rip of Equipe, they've done a FINE job designing and producing this bumper.

As for the snorkel, I chose the Mantec again not only for looks, but because it goes on a lot easier and requries less fender cutting than a Safari.

Adventurer
Dirty Harry said:
Sounds like you have done your homework! What modifications are up next?

Well, my MTs are wearin out so 235/85s are up next. After that, I'm really looking to get organized with a Roof rack and have all the bulkly items placed up there (hi-lift, shovel, case with recovery gear, etc.) since they are now bouncing around in my cargo area.

Also, I've become buddies with a local enthusiast that does TOP NOTCH work on bumpers and sliders, so I'm going to have him build me a set and rear bumper.

For future projects, I'm looking into a larger fuel tank, upgrade the trans. cooler to something slightly larger and with its own fan, and an electric Rad. fan.

Last edited:

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Hey JC!!! Glad to see you over here. Got a beer waiting for you when you finally make over to the left coast!
'X'

Adventurer
X!

I actually made it overhere because of a link you posted over on LRO. Thanks man!

I can't wait to make it out there man! Thanks for the welcome.

My friend, should you ever be in North GA or Miami, YOU shall the have Cold Brewkies waiting for you.

:beer: :sombrero:

d110pickup

SE Expedition Society
JC,
Glad to see someone else here with a Rover and in the Atlanta area.
I wanted to invite you to the SOLAROS meeting next week. We meet on the third Wednsday of every month at the Artuzzi's on Windward Pky east of GA400. The meeting starts at 7:30 but is always preceeded by and followed with the usual tire kicking and storey telling. If you look at www.solaros.com you'll find all the info you need.
Also feel free to contact me here, email or call (770-494-9514) if I can help.
Mike Pado

Adventurer
Aw man!!

Mike, so sorry I didnt see this earlier! I will try to make it to the next meeting...thanks for the invite! I'll send ya an email now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles