Best tire pressure monitoring system TPMS

trailshooter

Have been searching this forum for a discussion of tire pressure monitoring systems. Not finding any. Whose system are you using? Does your system report exact pressure and temperature? Are your wheel sensors mounted internally or externally? What is the max psi of your system? What kind of failures have you had? How often does your system lose link with a wheel?

Thanks for your input!

Tony LEE

International Grey Nomad
Yes, very difficult to find anything directly applicable to 4WD. My 4WD truck has solid steel 19.5" rims and I tried one brand of interior sensors and was never able to get all four to work at the same time. Ended up getting a full refund after supplier, manufacturer and myself tried everything to solve the problem. I don't consider external sensors because of the need to lower tyre pressures.

Lots of recommendations for use on motorhomes ( http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm ) but mostly using external sensors.

The ones recommended below use a flying antenna which should give better reception that the one I tried which had the antewnna integral with the sensor body so more likely to be shielded by the solid rims with steel belted tyres.

Similar one available in the US from sonny@tirerack.com

Might be the same unit

TRAILERTPMSG2.jpg

TPMS-1504%20display.gif

No - not the same. US one has external antenna which should help

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne