unimog in action

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Yeah, great video. Saw it a few years ago and it's still quite amazing how flexy those monsters are.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
I've seen a few other videos of Tysons Mog. One of them, he drives through a lake that is pretty damn deep. He takes that thing through some crazy stuff. That clip was from Moab.

Westy

Adventurer
Tyson's mog isnt stock. He had TJ lift coils, steering from a Ford Van if i remember right and larger than stock tires. I've got several videos I saved awhile back...if anyone wants to host them or post I can email them to you. I've got the lake one and some on helldorado, probably more. The lake video is wild, as are a couple of him just walking over rocks 4+ feet tall.
Pic:
tysonpfenneberger404.jpg

Last edited:

Westy

Adventurer
Wow that H2 video is crazy :eek: , Id bet if he stayed on the same line instead of turning to the passenger side he would have been fine..except he wouldnt have nearly enough breakover angle to get up that ledge probably?

good video...looks like he escaped sheet metal scars.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Those things are sick. I friend of mine has one. It is a little under powered for mud but that thing crawl like nothing else. He actually filped his this year. it was scary because it was a soft top and he had no rool bar. Fortunetly for them his wife jammed her finger real bad but that was the only injury. I can see one of those in my future LOL!

S

Scenic WonderRunner

YotaMog

I found these pics over at Yotatech. I read that it has Unimog Portal Axle's on it!

Link to Build Up Thread

4runner026.jpg

4runner024.jpg

4runner025.jpg

4runner022.jpg

4runner027.jpg

Now that's HOT!:shakin:

Last edited by a moderator:

VikingVince

Explorer
I've been looking at Mogs lately...although I probably wouldn't be interested in doing that near vertical like the dude in the pic...plus I want a mog with an expedition camper on it...funky pic though

Expedition Imports will have a Unimog 1300 expedition camper for sale in April...asking price is $100K...here's the link (I hope)

http://www.expedition-imports.com/u1300_expedition_camper.htm

On the other hand, I just checked into shipping my rig to Europe...got a quote of $2700 to Barcelona (plus some fees on the other end which I haven't checked)...I could take that same $100K and travel for 3-4 years or considerably longer if I got really frugal!!!! Now that is enticing:exclaim:

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
VikingVince said:
On the other hand, I just checked into shipping my rig to Europe...got a quote of $2700 to Barcelona (plus some fees on the other end which I haven't checked)...I could take that same $100K and travel for 3-4 years or considerably longer if I got really frugal!!!! Now that is enticing:exclaim:

That has my vote... :jumping:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles