Birth of My Kimberley Karavan

dirty Bakers

Conservative
I really like kk trailers and I hope to see yours someday, maybe at turkey creek. Now you need to import a diesel rig?

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Very nice!! It also looks bigger than i ever thought it would be from their website. Keep the photos coming so we can all live through you!

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
More progress from down under.

Floor, walls and shower frames fitted:
i-NBHkvww-L.jpg

Rear Frame ready for fitment:
i-JS5hjLG-L.jpg

BFG ATs to match my 4Runner:
i-TPSLd2D-L.jpg

Suspension complete:
i-Gn6FXXk-L.jpg

Insulated or "winterized" hot and cold water lines to shower:
i-d82KMr9-L.jpg

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Brad,

As others have stated: Serious envy on my part! And its great to see the in-build progress too! Man...I have to go back to work. Just to start saving my pennies if nothing else :sombrero:

Dan

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Blog Started

KK started a blog on the first Karavan built for the US.

US Karavan Blog

More cell phone pics

Final Assembly started:
i-KJGQ9cv-L.jpg

Inner walls, Furniture frames, Shower, Toilet, Rear frame, Fridge+Compressor, Sink - all fitted.
i-xgmZxFc-L.jpg

Multi box completed by KVN Sub assembly support team - ready for KVN Team to fit:
i-XrkLMC8-L.jpg

Shower & toilet fitted:
i-sXhX8FX-L.jpg

Lawrence

Adventurer
Way to go Brad. I almost went that route a couple of months back, but in the end I decided against it when Bruce sent me the quote. Crappy rate of exchange unfortunately killed the deal.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Way to go Brad. I almost went that route a couple of months back, but in the end I decided against it when Bruce sent me the quote. Crappy rate of exchange unfortunately killed the deal.

The exchange rate has been on a long climb over the last year due to the US dollar dropping on the world market. It got up to almost a 9% adder a while back but has now dropped back to about 5.5%. The joys of world currency markets.

indiedog

Adventurer
The Brisbane Caravan and Camping show (the biggest in Australia) is on in a couple of weeks time and I'll certainly be there to ogle the merchandise. Kimberley always get a huuuge crowd and deservedly so, the Karavans are just awesome machines. Well done for biting the exchange bullet! :Wow1: Mind you, I'm currently importing lots of stuff from the USA. :sombrero:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
The Brisbane Caravan and Camping show (the biggest in Australia) is on in a couple of weeks time and I'll certainly be there to ogle the merchandise. Kimberley always get a huuuge crowd and deservedly so, the Karavans are just awesome machines. Well done for biting the exchange bullet! :Wow1: Mind you, I'm currently importing lots of stuff from the USA. :sombrero:

Thanks for the local feedback on KK.

When the exchange rate flips back and forth over time I'm sure the import/export flows follow it. I just happen to be on the wrong side on this one. But in this case, it's well worth it. :elkgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94