Willman's Bantam BT3-C Expedition Trailer Buildup

Willman

Rezarf <>< said:
Nic-

I recommend playing with your tire pressure a lot. You have a lot of sidewall to work with to smooth things out a bit.

Thats in the works:

45 psi - rides like a tank!!
40 psi - little better
35 psi - Next psi to try out!

The trailer needs shocks bad!!! The leafs are stock and very stiff.....Looking at the air bag conversion to help the ride out..

Last weekend...Hit the trails in CO....She sure did some :jumping: around back their!!!

The hitch worked like champ!!! A Lock n roll hitch is the only way to go!!! Pictures of that to come...

Here's some action shots from CO...Enjoy:

DSC02905.jpg

DSC02909.jpg

DSC02878.jpg

DSC02880.jpg

Willman

Here are some pictures of the completed Lock N' Roll hitch!!!

DSC02944.jpg

DSC02945.jpg

This hitch is the only way to go!!!!!

:jumping:

Willman

Desertdude said:
Well done! Load that thing to the top... that'll smooth her out :shakin:

Just mine have to go to the Home Dump and buy me a pallet of sand.....:shakin:

Been thinking about an air ride suspension from AT......

:)

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Maybe we should talk.

If you'll be fabbing shock mounts from scratch, I may have a pair of shocks that will work for you. Right before the CO trip, I had a new set of adjustable Rancho 9K's put on the front of the T.

When ordering them, I forgot that I had added ball joint spacers, so I didn't compensate for the additional length needed. The shocks are not quite long enough nor are they able to take full advantage of the extra travel from the bj spacers. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and order another pair.

Seeing as how I owe you some parts anyway, if you think these may be of interest to you, let me know. I can try to sell them on a T100 board but I'd rather you have them for your trailer build if you think you could make them work. A 9 position adjustable shock might be a great solution for the varied terrain and highways your trailer will see.

Just a thought....

Willman

kcowyo said:
Maybe we should talk.

If you'll be fabbing shock mounts from scratch, I may have a pair of shocks that will work for you. Right before the CO trip, I had a new set of adjustable Rancho 9K's put on the front of the T.

When ordering them, I forgot that I had added ball joint spacers, so I didn't compensate for the additional length needed. The shocks are not quite long enough nor are they able to take full advantage of the extra travel from the bj spacers. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and order another pair.

Seeing as how I owe you some parts anyway, if you think these may be of interest to you, let me know. I can try to sell them on a T100 board but I'd rather you have them for your trailer build if you think you could make them work. A 9 position adjustable shock might be a great solution for the varied terrain and highways your trailer will see.

Just a thought....

Great idea!!!....Right now i got my $$$$$ and time getting my dual battery and ExtremeAire installed....Having a dead compressor on the last trip made me want to get the new ExtremeAire in......I have not decided on my trailer suspension as of yet. Go ahead and sell them and get your $$$$ out of them. Thanks for the offer....I'm still dreaming of an suspension setup. Only if that money tree would just grow faster!!!:)

Willman

computeruser said:
Beautiful trailer. I'm envious - my TJ really, really needs one desparately.

They are fun!!! My truck loves having the companion....Their made for each other!!!!:hehe:

DSC02878.jpg

Willman

kcowyo said:
Father_s+Day+128.jpg

Nice set up Nic! :clapsmile

And what a great picture you took!!!!! Your camera takes great pictures!!!

Thanks for the kind words KC........We need to start thinking what area to travel next.......:chowtime:

:jumping:

Willman

durangodds said:
IMG_0801.jpg

She truly is a beautiful rig. Are you sure your wife never gets jealous too?

Awesome action shot durangodds!!!!!!

Funny thing...she does get a little jealous...Thats why we have flowers and :26_34_3:!!!

Did you get a welder yet?

Thanks for the picture and kind words!

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94