Anyone own an Armada?

The Armada is a great family truck. You should get it. And super capable too. This is mine.

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24056&page=19

wxSj5WZ.jpg

1rT3OHz.jpg

9zqGApj.jpg

p8nUsII.jpg

RDfeqYI.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Hi nwoods,

Those tires look nice. How well are they lasting?
Do you have after marked rims? What size tires are you running,

Thanks

Yes, aftermarket wheels, but same size as OEM. Tires are P265/70/18. I'm not sure how many miles are on them, maybe 10,000? But we are still VERY happy with them. No noticeable wear, still an excellent, markedly improved ride over all other tires we've tried to date.

Patrol4Wd

Nissan Patrol

My wife is hounding me to upgrade her Xterra to an Armada. Anyone here own a 4x4 Armada? Main concern is real world MPG. I honestly don't get that great in the Xterra, so a tiny dip wouldn't bother me for the increased size.

Hi, I don't have a Nissan Armada but I have something better, a Nissan Patrol 2005 manual transmission, with 9000 km perfect conditions 3" Iron Man suspension, ARB rear bumper, Iron Man front bumper, dual battery, dual gas tank, kenwood DVD STERO, 3" Manta exhaust and OUTBACK center console with Icom V-800.

cherokeexj32

Current Armada Owners

Hello

Wanted to check in with you to see if any of you still own the Armada (06-09). My wife is wanting to get back into an Expedition but not liking the paint quality on most 06s-08s and we may consider an Armada.

Reading online about many people going through brakes like water and the rear HVAC lines corroding too fast.

Any info you can share would be appreciated.

Thank you.

PGtroll1

Hello

Wanted to check in with you to see if any of you still own the Armada (06-09). My wife is wanting to get back into an Expedition but not liking the paint quality on most 06s-08s and we may consider an Armada.

Reading online about many people going through brakes like water and the rear HVAC lines corroding too fast.

Any info you can share would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Not an Armada owner, but i worked with Armadas for the last 5 years. I cant speak to the brakes, but the rear HVAC lines are such a PITA. Tons of people would come into the dealership within 3 years to have their lines replaced, granted, those are all people who only city drive their Armadas. Nissan put the rear lines in a really stupid place that leaves them exposed to accelerated wear and tear. Other than that, theyre solid vehicles that dont seem to have a ton of bugs.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
2004-5 had really bad, undersized brakes. They upgraded them in 2006. Our 2006 Armada has not had any brake issues and we have about 120,000 miles on it. The paint is gone, oxidized away, down to base primer. The interior dash has multiple cracks, and the kids have pretty much destroyed all the vents, flip up covers (over accessory sockets), and so forth. The seat stitching has fallen apart, so the seats are coming apart. Looks like the leather is bad, but it's fine, just the stitching.

The Armada is super heavy and goes through tires. We are on our 5th set. Using Nitto Crosstek's currently and am very happy with them. Considerable improvements on the ride quality for the whole rig.

Mechanically, the Armada has been very solid. The engine/trans are superb, one of the best on the road. However, after 110k mikes, one of our exhaust headers has developed a crack. We've learned that the Armada is very picky about oil filters. For such a big V8, the filter is smaller than a Honda 4 banger. You NEED a proper hi flow filter or else it will wine like a ... like a machine with a high pitched wine. LOL.

broncobowsher

Adventurer
'08 got a bunch of fixes. They got a lot better in a bunch of little things.

'16 didn't exist. But the '17 shares little besides the name of the older ones.

Make sure you buy one from 2009 or you will have a lot of issues.

Here is my former ride. A 2009 Nissan Armada. It treated me well. Never disappointed m,e as my current ride, 2012 Infiniti QX56 has disappointed me a few times.

MqAAs2s.jpg

FpjeaNe.jpg

Ocec3fJ.jpg

wjZC07Z.jpg

kpi2zw3.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Make sure you buy one from 2009 or you will have a lot of issues.

I think 2006 through 2009 is the swing zone. 2004/5 had a lot of teething issues, and afterwards, with the newer dash, they are just not my style....
Ours has done Mojave Trail 5 or 6 times, multiple trips through the Eastern Sierra's, White Mountains, etc.... and several laps around the western regions of the continent. Mechanically, the Armada has been rock solid. Cosmetically....not so much. After 120,000 the paint is gone, interior plastics have become brittle, and the threads holding the leather seats together have come apart on nearly all the seats. I think the UV got to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles